Meadow kit details

They are. 2 of the same sculpt. It’s ok.

Yeah it just occurred to me that was what I was seeing, and what @EmOh was talking about. She’s comparing the two.

Which part are you talking about? She has lines under her lips that are just creases, as part of the original kit. But this mess looks like a factory default. Hopefully it will scrub off. If not, I’ll sand and varnish it. As for being on both kits…all the smudges are identical on both kits.

1 Like

They are. I’m showing a comparison of both of my kits so show that they both have the same “issues.”

2 Likes

She is super cute! I am surprised that companies sell kits with flaws like that at full price. It doesn’t make sense to me!

2 Likes

I agree! I don’t understand how the high end sculpts seem to be the ones with flaws, but BB’s are near to, or at, perfect and are less expensive. You’d kind of figure it to be the other way around.

If I were the sculptor, I would want the molds producing very clean cut kits.

I guess it could be the case where, if folks buy regardless, they aren’t going to push the perfection as hard as they might otherwise. ???

5 Likes

She’s so cute! Excited to see what you do with her! I love this kit but i had heard about the issues like you mentioned. Do you think her head is too firm to root?

She is So cute!!

I think that does lend to more disappointment since higher prices equal higher expectation.

1 Like

Good to know, thanks. I think she’s super cute but I’ve been avoiding her

The head seems soft. Only the torso is hard. @Mommarobin you rooted hair on yours didn’t you?

1 Like

No, I left her bald

1 Like

My kit has a huge cone head. Like SNL huge.

3 Likes

That is quite the egg shaped noggin.
Some sculpts have a cute face, then these weird (to me) elongated heads.

Yeah, I’m not quite sure what to do with this. It is very pronounced :face_with_monocle:

I don’t like the sculpting on the feet and for some reason the torso looks too long and thighs are too thick but the face is super cute

2 Likes

@ZeldaDawn Heavy mottling, rooted hair or wig, hat, try to ignore? Lol

@katieperry Thighs can be too thick? :thinking:

Some real newborns have heads shaped like that. It’s because their skull bones move as they’re passing through the birth canal. They return to normal after some time.

2 Likes

Now you mention it I think I thought the legs looked too big like say if you put a 22” leg on a 18” baby that sort of thing but I change my mind about that now you mention it. She’s super cute

1 Like

So, I am in the process of painting my Meadow and she has A LOT of flaws. I’m guilty of not inspecting kits until it’s too late. The picture @Katinafleming posted above of her chin is the same on mine and she has multiple spots like that all over her. She has scratches and pits. And she even has a slice in her thumb. It’s unfortunate because she was so expensive and now I’ll have to sell her as a boo-boo. :pensive:

3 Likes