Mass shooting in Canada

Are all our Canadian friends okay? Please check in.

4 Likes

I am. I’m actually ovlivious to the whole situation. I’ve been minding my own business isolated in my house, not watching the news. This is the first I heard of it. Hope everyone is well.

4 Likes

It happened in my province (unless there was another I’m not aware of), but we’re okay here. Very very scary.

4 Likes

Glad you’re both okay.

That’s the one I thought they were referring to. I’m in NS and have family in Springhill. It’s heartbreaking and traumatic for everyone involved.

2 Likes

Why do people do these things? :disappointed:

I’m sending prayers to all who are being affected by this. :pray:

2 Likes

It breaks my heart that people are so heartbroken that they would resort to these kinds of measures

1 Like

I think it’s at 17 now :frowning: So sad, and senseless!

1 Like

I think most people suffer broken hearts without resorting to mass murder…more likely he was mentally imbalanced already and this may have set him over the edge…

5 Likes

Wow! This is crazy!!! How terrible. I’m sorry for you law family @Sony72 and for everyone involved. Geez… Did they get the killer yet?

1 Like

I’m glad he can’t hurt anyone else. This is very sad. What a psychopath.

2 Likes

Yes. You are so right.

1 Like

I am praying for the victims, their family and friends. This is so sad and heartbreaking!

2 Likes

I don’t know how PC this is to say, but Canada’s system is too light on violent offenders if they have a history of mental illness. Obviously mental illness can be a mitigating factor and I’m not saying the US has a better system because they completely do not whatsoever. I absolutely do not mean that it’s good he’s dead, but it is likely more justice than would have been served had be been caught, charged, tried, and sentenced. I am thinking particularly of the murder of Tim McLean in 2008.

2 Likes

Wow.

I’m also in NS, the death toll is up, “over 19” now. It’s very startling - this is now the biggest mass shooting in Canadian history, and it happened at a time when there are no masses to shoot. He stole a police uniform and car, set police cars and residences on fire, and went door-to-door disguised as an officer to execute people in their homes. I’m lucky to be about a half hour away from where he was apprehended, and about four hours away from where he started his rampage, but I live 5 minutes away from his place of work. We have never seen this kind of violence and will all feel this tragedy for years to come. :broken_heart:

2 Likes

So so sad…i grieve for alll the families…

That’s terrible, very sad. My heart is with all those who have lose a loved one in this tragedy. I am glad he is dead. He will not make any other victim.

I don’t have anything else to say, nothing can really describe how everyone here is feeling. But this is happening tonight. :heart:

2 Likes