Looking for this dress

I know it’s a long shot, but I am looking for this dress or one very similar. My mom thinks she may have purchased it from Belks or Jc Penny’s. It would have been around 1997.
I plan on doing a portrait baby of my daughter later this year and I realized I didn’t save this dress.

7 Likes

Wow is that ever beautiful! I would start with eBay if I were you.

2 Likes

Do a search on ebay and etsy for vintage white and blue dress. You might find something similar.

2 Likes

Thank you. I don’t know why I didn’t think about eBay lol, probably bc I barely go on there. I just did a google n Etsy search. Next stop eBay👍

1 Like

What size are you looking for? What kit will you use?

1 Like

The picture is blurry for me is that a ferris wheel on it or do you know?

I’m thinking Juliana by ping lau but I haven’t quite decided yet. She was 3 months there. So probably around that size.

It was a compass or some type of nautical design. I’m trying to see if I can find a better picture of her in the dress.

1 Like

Thank you that baby girl just turned 22 and she is so skinny you’d never realize she was such a chubby baby.

2 Likes

Looks like the wheel of the ship on it.

1 Like

If you can find a more clear picture (and take a photo of it without your camera flash) that would be awesome! Even if you can’t find the actual dress, you may be able to find a similar pattern and one of the wonderful seamstresses in this group could help you? I would offer, but learning to sew is still on my list of things to do. I was hoping to get a machine this summer, but having to move threw a wrench into my plans, financially speaking.

2 Likes

Lol no that is my oldest daughter on my graduation day.

1 Like

I’ve looked through more of my photos but she has a bib on on those. I will try to scan the picture tomorrow so the flash doesn’t show. I’m checking with my mom to see if she happens to have a better picture than I do, but knowing her she’s just going to say I stole all of her good photos :joy:
I thought of getting one made as well. If finding it doesn’t pan out, that is my next route.

1 Like

So cute! Wasn’t Nautica brand popular that year? Definitely look up nautical or sailor type clothes.

1 Like

I found a website may be worth taking a look brother sister sailor outfits,baby sailor dress,toddler sailor dress,little girl sailor dress,baby sailor hat,baby sailor outfit,infant sailor dress,toddler sailor hat,child sailor hat,baby girl sailor dress,baby girl sailor outfit,toddler sailor outfit,toddler girl sailor dress,toddler girl sailor outfit,little girl sailor dress,little girls sailor dress,little girl sailor outfit,C I Castro sailor dress,vintage sailor dress,sailor dresses for girls,girls sailor dresses,sailor dresses for baby girls,sailor outfits for girls,sailor dresses for babies,sailor dresses for infants,childs sailor dress,childrens sailor dresses,patriotic baby clothes,patriotic childrens clothes,patriotic outfits,patriotic baby dress,patriotic toddler dress,patriotic girls dress,patriotic kids clothes

3 Likes

Nice looking out @Evee something from there should work! The hats remind me of when I was little going to Kennywood Park in Pittsburgh! I may have to get one of those!

1 Like

Awesome!! Thank you checking it out now :blush:

That baby girl in the picture you shared is so beautiful.

2 Likes

Thank you for the link. I’ve seen two on there that I really like. Only one comes in a 3 month size though so I still looking, but OPTIONS—Yaaay!