Look what I got! Nice challenge

Just bought this little one on eBay.

Very soft vinyl. Can’t wait to reborn him !
Are the eyes glued inside ? Somebody know ?

9 Likes

So cute! I’ve seen these before, the squinted eyes are so sweet. It’s such a newborn look.

2 Likes

Yes they are glued in, but they’re pretty easy to get out. You either need a neck flange or you’re going to want to keep the torso intact. The head is soft enough to rude, but painting hair on it is pretty difficult unless you want to sand down the ridges. Mine was a fun challenge and I was very happy to give it away to a local nursing home.

5 Likes

I just painted hair with the ridges intact and extended the hairline. I’ve also just rooted over the ridges.

4 Likes

I tried painting one but I was a very dark vinyl that didn’t show I the pictures when I bought it on eBay :disappointed: smelled terrible! I stripped it, washes it and baked all my layers but man!!! None wanted to stick. I finally set him aside and am contemplating tossing him cause he’s such a mess lol! I think it might be easier to reborn the light vinyl but I would test your layers after each bake to see if they are sticking! I think @Gabriell made a video of reborning one too which was very helpful and informative :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

He is pale enough, I don’t think it will be a problem, and not sticky. Pretty good condition for the price !

I will keep the torso as it’s one of the reason I bought him.
Will see for the hair.
Thanks for the tips!

1 Like

If you use heat set paints, it smells horrible to bake this

1 Like

Oh no I only use air dry.

1 Like

Is this a La Newborn?

Following as I have one La newborn waiting to be painted - one day :grinning:

1 Like

Don’t know, I don’t think so. Those are the only things I have

2 Likes

I have a girl version very similar to yours in desperate need of a make over. I can’t wait to see how he turns out

2 Likes

I am sure that will be fun ! I love having something different to make, learn new techniques. I like challenge and that makes me grow as an artist.

1 Like

I painted one on You Tube.

6 Likes

Oh I will watch it !

1 Like

@Gabriell he is still awesome!

1 Like