LOL Putting dolls together What do you DREAD

I hate waiting… For the thinner to flash off. For the kit to cool down. For the glue to dry. For the baby to make it home. Etc…:unamused:
Here’s a tip for replacing strings with cable ties incase anyone wants to give it a try
http://discourse.bountifulbaby.com/t/cloth-body-holes-sewn-shut/73115/6

7 Likes

@jeepers Me tooooo!!!
I don’t like rooting , but the thing I hate the most is selling. I hate creating descriptions of my dolls. I read all these nice descriptions taking about how pretty the doll is and all that went into making it. I wish I could write nice things like those people. In reality I just want to post one picture and write, “I made it if you like it then buy it for what I’m selling it. If you don’t like it look away and if you think the price is too high make your own.”

16 Likes

:joy: Those people that are looking that can’t afford them drive me nuts. You won’t see me going to a Porshe dealership pouring out some sob story about my life when I know I can’t afford anything but a Hyundai. It’s beyond rude to play on people’s emotions to get something cheaper than what they are asking. “Will you take” isn’t in my vocabulary, even at garage sales.:rage:
Most people will barely skim a description. So, I list mine in almost a bullet-point fashion to keep key points the most visible.

11 Likes

I actually like putting them together, it’s one of my favorite parts, haha.
I really dislike creases. It’s just so boring.
Same with rooting, boring plus I also get mohair everywhere. Most of my keepers are baldies, easier upkeep and I only need to root eyelashes, haha.

3 Likes

For me what I dislike the most are creases!! I never get the look I want. I’ll find what I like someday :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: . What I like the most would be putting the baby together and dressing it for photos :grin::grin:

I don’t like varnish, assembly, or listing them… that’s one advantage to doing customs- I get out of the full photo shoot and having to write up a listing. :grin:

4 Likes

We certainly have that in common. I’m a mess lol :rofl:

1 Like

I dislike painting hair and varnishing. I love the actual assembly process and seeing them come to life.

3 Likes

hahah, I am on a new painted hair kick!!!

2 Likes

Fingers and toes, nail tips, putting babies together, and creases are all things I dislike. I could mottle, vein, and eyebrow all day long.

Creases and eyebrows. Baking. Rooting and waiting for the glue to dry. And sending it to the new mom and waiting for feedback…did it get there safely, do they like it…etc.

Me too!

The worst part for me is keeping the kit clean. I feel like I spend just as much time picking off lint as I do painting :confused:

5 Likes

I can add keeping creases clean. BOOOOO or having a baby so close to no mistakes and then bam, a mark, a dab of paint, a spotch from no where.

6 Likes

Coming back to this thread to say again…putting them together. I just spent about 45 minutes weighting, stuffing, and assembling big June with an armature AND a torso…a whole new level of assembly hate. :tired_face:

8 Likes

That’s a workout!

1 Like

Rooting with yearling😤.

1 Like

LOL what is 45 min to hours and hours of painting and rooting - nothing!

2 Likes

hahahaha, OMGoodness!!! I bet she weights a ton!

1 Like

Nails nails nails nails, lol @kareninflorida makes it look so easy!!!

3 Likes