Let’s Show our Work, or WIP! Part 2

I haven’t looked at him closely today yet so when I get home from work in the AM I will take another gander.

Megan is looking great!

Look fine. I do this often, trying to add blush and erase it…

1 Like

You can always calm down the red with mint green wash.

1 Like

Henrietta is finished and heading home for Christmas

23 Likes

Very cute.

I have a Gabriel to work on, too. He’s sweet!

1 Like

I think she looks great! Love her wispy hair!

1 Like

So sweet!

Here’s my Fawna kit WIP… been gunshy to post until I get to a comfortable spot but I’m feeling pretty chuffed for my first go-around. Tonight I am going to touch up the hands, do the lips, nails, brows et al. Finish off the hooves… I’m waiting for mohair to get here, should be here this week. Instead of painting the legs like fur like a lot of artists choose to, I’m going to root some on those and probably around the ears as well. I am all ready learning what I can do better next time. For example, I need a better lighting source for my work area. Lighting dramatically effects how it looks, as well as dry time. I’ve found spots I think are much too dark aren’t as dramatic the next day after drying and in natural lighting. I was very heavy handed with the blue undertones even though I didn’t think I was-- and I got very erm, overzealous on my blushing (though I personally love it, but I did too much even so lol) I found the natural vinyl color even with multiple mottling layers was a bit to er, flat? looking for me.

BUT I am having a SUPER great time, relaxing and listening to True Crime podcasts. It feels super nice to be making art again and it gives me an alternative to when I just don’t want to play video games but I don’t want to stare at the wall either. I have never really much liked paints but I’m finding I love the acrylics with the thinning medium. Just a very 180 from what I normally used to do.

27 Likes

Your Fawna looks great! You should be very proud of yourself.

True Crime podcasts? I should try that! I have a hard to find something interesting to listen to while I am rooting.

1 Like

Thank you!! Yes, I love True Crime, I listen to whatever sounds interesting in the moment.

1 Like

She is a beautiful baby girl. Could anyone tell me where I can buy a reborn that isn’t a scam. I’d really appreciate it. I want a very realistic doll.
Thank you,
Roxanne McGovern
12/18/2019

2 Likes

Www.reborns.com

It’s a legitimate site

3 Likes

Love it. Looks like peach fuzz you can just reach out and touch

1 Like

You can look at this thread on this forum or go to reborns.com

https://discourse.bountifulbaby.com/t/available-reborn-babies/81063

2 Likes

I think that may be what I end up doing. Even out the redness and then mint wash it to a less face slapped color. Yikes. But nice news, my grandmother found him an adorable onesie at the thrift store for when he’s done. So he may look silly but he will be stylin’.

1 Like

I love true crime podcasts! What are you listening to?

Awwwww! Sweetness!

2 Likes

So cute! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

She’s really cute. Did you root her or is that a wig? Either way, it’s perfect for her.

1 Like