Let’s show our WIP part 4 (Part 1)

Precious!

1 Like

Thank you so much!

1 Like

I think I’ll go with blonde. And you know what, @EmOh? Maybe some combi hair! It’s been awhile since I’ve done combination.

4 Likes

I love her! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Packing up this peeky baby boy today!

19 Likes

Adorable!

1 Like

So cute!

1 Like

Thank you so much <3

1 Like

Thank you so much! :blush: I wasn’t real fond of this kit but she is growing on me :joy::heart_eyes:

1 Like

She is beautiful, great details on her face :heart:

Still a ways to go, but threw her together to check her skin tone. Seems to help me figure out my next steps. This baby has been on my back burner and I need to get her finished!

13 Likes

The pink is looking really soft i like that :blush:
Do you use those 3 colors above only for creases ?
Or do you also do mottling with those three ?

1 Like

Yes, those are not baby’s lips.Sorry :frowning:

1 Like

That depends on my mood honestly. This particular baby had one brush BB Red, half a brush of BB Creases, and half a brush of the sweetheart rose for the red mottle. She got two layers of that. I might throw in another blueish mottle because after adding Brownish tones, she looks orange.

Seriously though, I don’t think the color matters a whole lot. I’ve used super dark colors and super light ones. The key to it is blending.

1 Like

Yes!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

You are rocking it!

2 Likes

So, when you said ‘blend’ you meant steer the color on you palette, right?

1 Like

I mean start with a small amount of the mixed paint and thinner then pounce it for next to forever on the baby. I use a 1/4 in brush and wipe it off good on one side then barely touch it to the doll where I want blushing. If it dries before the edges are soft, put a very tiny amount of thinner on your sponge and keep pouncing. I should make a video for this. :thinking:

4 Likes

Thank you i always like to mottle more dark and after blend it down with other colors

1 Like

Dark mottle isn’t really my preference but a lot of buyers seem to really like it. If the softness that is being asked about is mottling, that is a different process all together to smooth it out. I’ll add that to the video too. I’ll have to start a new kit to make the video. :grin: I’ll post it in a thread of its own then.

5 Likes