Leg Cap Removal....?

Does anyone know how to remove the leg caps off of a body. I have a body I need to alter and need to remove the leg caps to do so. Thanks for any help/tips you may have

1 Like

You should be able to use kitchen shears to cut the plastic post that holds the two joint pieces together and that will allow the cap to come off. You need to be very careful to not cut the fabric when you cut the plastic piece, and you’ll need another joint to use if you are going to replace the cap. But it can be removed this way.

1 Like

Oh bummer. I was hoping there was a way to get it off and then put it back on once I’m done sewing. Guess I’ll have to order another set. Thank you for the info :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Flat headed screw driver. Basically you put it in the tread below where the piece is that pushes down onto the joint and slowly pry it upwards. Takes forever and most likely you will poke yourself at least once.

3 Likes

lol lol, for me that translates into stitches or a partial amputation. I’m ruff on stuff, but I’ll give it a try anyway. Thank you

2 Likes

That"s how I get them off too.Last time I put my gloves on so it wouldn’t hurt so much every time I jabbed myself with the screwdriver.Occasionally one will get ruined this way but if you are careful and keep moving around to different spots on the joint they usually come off okay.

3 Likes

I’ve drawn blood before. It’s pretty much a weigh it situation. Is it worth the pain in the butt or should you just buy new joints.

1 Like

The logical part of my brain says Nope, it’s not worth the pain or hassle…but the Tiffiny part of my brain says “give it a try, what’s the worse that could happen?” lol

1 Like

Lol, blood, blood everywhere!!!

1 Like