Latest sculpt and artist pole

Below are pictures of my latest sculpt I am working on. I have a question for all of you. I am purposely waiting to sculpt the limbs of this baby because I wanted feedback. What is your preference when it comes to limbs on a baby. Do you like full limbs or 3/4 limbs? Do you like open hands or closed hands? Do you like the limbs to be bent and tight up to the body or do you like it to be more stretched out? These are some of the things I would like to know before I begin. I have painted babies for about 4 years now and I know what I like but I want to know what everyone else prefers. I tend to like the opposite of everyone else generally. LOL. I’m just curious to see people’s input. Thank you in advance for all of your wonderful comments.

20 Likes

Personally I like my babies to have full limbs. I’m not a reborn artist. I love looking at everyone’s craftsmanship.
I love babies, I love reborn’s because they capture a precious moment in time.

4 Likes

Full limbs, open hands but not straight and fused together, separated fingers… 1 relaxed straighter arm. The other being able to tuck under the head when posing.

6 Likes

That is amazing work! I like full limbs and I’ve always wanted one with the fencing pose.

fencing-baby-2-mo

fencing-1

9 Likes

I definitely prefer full limbs, I think most people do. I also dislike when kits have 2 closed hands. I don’t mind if one is closed, but I don’t like it when they have balled up fists. Makes them look angry to me lol. I also really like when reborns have straight limbs. It’s not very common, but it gives them more personality. I really really love my Birdie’s limbs. He’s got one straight leg and one curled leg. Same with his arms. Everyone has their own preferences though. I won’t necessarily not get a kit if it doesn’t have these features. I get kits based on the face, the limbs I look at later. Great job on your new one!

3 Likes

I’m not picky about the hands, but I love when the legs are tightly curled up to the body

3 Likes

I don’t have preferences to offer, but I have watched you post about this sculpt since it was not very much yet. :slight_smile: But, you have done an amazing job! It is a great sculpt!

2 Likes

I love this pose, so many babies tend to do this pose and I havent seen it on reborns

4 Likes

Definitely full limbs

2 Likes

I agree!

2 Likes

All right you’re the winner. LOL. Just kidding there’s really not a winner. I think I’m going to try this pose except for I am going to open one of the hands because as someone else mentioned on here I to do not like when both hands are closed. To be honest with you I don’t really prefer the hands closed period but I know a lot of people do like that. I honestly thought I was the oddball that like the straight arms but apparently I’m not alone. I am going to be and I absolutely love the fact that the one arm is straight. I also sculpted one the other day and I did something different with the wrist that I haven’t seen done yet maybe I’m wrong but I haven’t particularly seen it I’m just trying to do some things that are different. Over the years I have tried to make note of little things people have said here and there

8 Likes

here’s the hand I did the other day. My daughter did this a lot and I wanted to try it. Like I said I haven’t really seen this done too often but maybe I just haven’t looked.

21 Likes

For display I like full limbs but for posing and cuddling I like 3/4 limbs. I like fisted or partially open hands. I like arms that are at least partially bent. Otherwise they look too stiff to me and don’t curl up in your arms as well. I like the legs relaxed partially bent, not fully straight but not bent like pretzels either.

3 Likes

BB Libby has one wrist bent slightly back like that but you’re right there’s not a lot of them. I like your newest sculpt. Can’t wait to see him/her finished.

3 Likes

You’re right about them not being as cuddly with the straight arm. My twin B is like that but I still like it anyway for some reason. I always let that arm hang over mine when I hold it. And thank you I will be posting pictures of the finished sculpt when it’s all done

2 Likes

Precious! :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Woot! I’m so excited to see! And first dibs when it’s poured into vinyl…lol!

2 Likes

I prefer full limbs with closed hands

2 Likes

If you ever do portrait babies I have the cutest angel​:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: Love your work​:heartpulse:

2 Likes

I hate 3/4 legs. They never look good on a body. So I prefer full legs. For the arms I like both. Full are nice for the clothing options, 3/4 seem to pose more nicely.
I like curled up limbs for newborns, so they can easily lay in a fetal position.
As for the hands, I dislike both hands being open. It often looks very unrealistic/ dolly to me. I prefer both being fists as that’s how newborns often hold their hands.

3 Likes