Knitting looms

Now that the fad is over, is anyone still using their knitting looms?

4 Likes

Not as much as when I first started but I do like the flower loom for making baby booties. I prefer to crochet hats. Though I would like to make a couple of kitties again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNWi6u8QFBs

2 Likes

No. :frowning: I never got the hang of them and it hurts my old hands.

1 Like

The looms are not a new thing. They have been around for many years. I guess the fad picks up now and then and then it wanes for awhile. I have looms from a long time ago. I have told my youngest granddaughter that if she ever wants to try them, she can use mine – she won’t have to purchase any. She hasn’t wanted to try it. I never did have the patience to get the hang of them. But, I know some people have loved them and made a lot of nice things with them.

1 Like

I just made a baby hat yesterday ! I use the smallest one for socks for my dolls very often. It’s easier and faster than knitting.

5 Likes

I have all of them, I think. Bought them at thrift stores. Haven’t touched one. :disappointed:. But I will at some point. It looks fun. I’ve just been busy raising kids and working.

2 Likes

I’ve never tried a knitting loom – sounds interesting! About a year ago I got into knitting. Taught myself how to by watching some YouTube videos. Right now I’m working on this scarf for a Christmas present for my sister!

6 Likes

I have the hand crank one for baby hats, I might pull it out soon on a rainy day (if we get one) and let my little guy have some fun.

I have the size that makes a kids hat, kinda big for a newborn, or socks but too small for an adult hat. I wanted to make some cocoons or mermaid tails but haven’t. I went crazy buying yarn, just one at a time until a basket was full.

I like the idea of making some stuffs those kitties are cute.

3 Likes

I’m still using my looms. Mostly for hats.

3 Likes

Hmmmmm maybe now that you posted this I will need to get mine out!

1 Like

@Jacelyn5440 I think @jeanhai was talking about our own BB Forum Fad. Started here.

and here

Oh. Thanks, @AnnieSokay, for straightening me out. :slight_smile: I lose touch with everything on here at times. :slight_smile:

1 Like

They are so cute too! Wish I could get a hang of them like you do.

1 Like

I use my round ones occasionally to make hats or cocoons for babies, but I switched to crocheting after I made a blanket on one of the big looms. I love not having to panic if a stitch goes wrong, and that blanket loom was really awkward to use!

1 Like