Kit or finished baby?

I have a question … Say you have a SOLE kit, lizzy Stoete for example. Do you think you would make more selling the blank vinyl or the reborn doll? I guess I’m asking… Is it worth reborning? I would hate to spend all the time and money reborning an expensive kit… Only to make equal or less. :scream: what are your thoughts?

6 Likes

That’s what I was thinking!!! I could see myself making less!!! And I would be heartbroken over all that work!

3 Likes

@izzy @kristi
I think they will give the best advice on this. I do know that @colee1970 really wAnts a miracle!

I would love to see a list of current market value of sole sculpts. I have a few really good ones… I have decided to sell. I just have no idea what amount to ask for.

Same here! I have no idea how to tell if I’m getting ripped off on a SOLE kit (obviously if it’s over $300…) But there’s no way to tell how much you should price them.

I think you said what alot of us are thinking.

2 Likes

I would sell the SOLE kit as is. It only makes more sense that way because the only one who is going to make $$$$$ is going to be artists on the prototype level who have high end collectors as clients. I think for most people, it’s like what @Sony72 says- most of the buyers on the lower end don’t know a $20 sculpt from a $200 SOLE; they just want a pretty baby.

3 Likes

Why haven’t I tried this yet?! OMG GIRL you are a genius!!!

1 Like

Miracle is going for $300+. I honestly think with these SOLE kits it’s easier and better to sell them blank. Think about it, at this point there are probably more completed Miracles than blank ones, which makes the blank more sought after.

5 Likes

I would not sell on ebay the fees are too high. I know several looking for Miracle on fb though.

3 Likes

I would LOVE to buy a Miracle kit. I keep hoping somebody would feel sorry for me and let me get it for less than $300 LOL! However, at the moment I am BROKE. Between having to pay cash for my foot surgery and everything I had to do for nursing school (and still not finished) … I have $0 dollars. I am also off work without pay for a month because of my surgery. I will keep dreaming I guess. :frowning:

3 Likes

I think it would only be worth spending that much on any kit if you are making it for yourself or if you’re Silvia, Jackie or Evon. And why would they pay that much money for a SOLE kit when they can buy a less expensive one and make the same money. Just my thinking. However there are no words to describe how much I would LOVE a Miracle painted by any of these three ladies. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Me too!! I wanted one of Jacky’s babies at ROSE. They were $1700 and worth it. But I would not have had money left to eat lol

3 Likes

How did your foot turn out? Will you be ready to start school on time? I have been thinking of you!

1 Like

Your so sweet Carol!

Well, I think it could go either way. Kit prices are a strange animal, they only go up in price when demand is high, and literally lose value quick when no one interested. I think Maizie or Quinlynn or something is probably worth about same or higher in kit form. However if a very established artist, it could really sell high.

4 Likes

I agree. But, sadly… I am not! :weary::thinking::wink:

1 Like

Also I think Bountifulbaby as a company is pretty brilliant because their kits don’t really lose value and they sell a high volume.

4 Likes

I would actually try FB. Lots of traffic and no fees. :slight_smile:

I’ve noticed the best time to sell a popular SOLE kit is around a year after the release or so, maybe two. After that people move onto new kits and it gets harder to sell them for peak prices.

2 Likes

I’ve seen some sold as " painted kits"( Jodi Slater for example) . Might be worth looking into.

1 Like