Kit Modification Pics

Here’s some of the mods I’ve done to kits in the past few months. I’ll be adding new ones I do to this thread in the future instead of making new ones too. :slight_smile:

Some of these you guys have seen, some you haven’t. :smile: This whole kit modifying thing is still really an experiment since none of my testers have gotten back to me on how the painting process has gone quite yet lol.

Oh, and none of the before pics belong to me.

Lelou Awake to Lelou Asleep

Caucasian to Asian

Cooper modified for portrait baby

Rio lip holes filled

Maisie to fantasy baby

32 Likes

Thanks! Cooper modified ended up looking like a slightly annoyed version of one of my brother’s baby pics lol!

1 Like

You are doing awesome!!! :heart:

1 Like

Thank you! Hoping the pennies add up so I can make it to ROSE!

3 Likes

Very nice…love the change in Cooper…!!..:sparkling_heart:

1 Like

So cool Izzy!!!

1 Like

They all look so good!!! Do you sculpt mini babies from a picture?

1 Like

That is awesome! Good job Izzy!

1 Like

I really like Cooper and Lelou😊

1 Like

Great job Izzy.

1 Like

WOW! Those are REALLY great!
I remember your post when you were talking about trying to find a medium to to this… What medium did you end up using?

1 Like

WOW, Izzy! I love the changes! Cooper is my favorite, too.

2 Likes

Thanks ladies! I use a flexible polymer clay.

I dont do portrait sculpts because I just really don’t think I’m good enough lol. But sometimes I’ll use a baby pic as inspiration…the finished OOAK is pretty different in the end though.

1 Like

LOVE them all. I like modifying also. Working on a Clark right now. I’ll have to share with you.

Izzy, can you paint and bake these modifications numerous times like you need to do for Genesis Paints?? Do they crack or dry out or come unstuck from the vinyl etc.???

Wow, Izzy, what a difference xx

Great job, Izmeister!!! Love them!

2 Likes

That’s awesome you have real skills

Wow, I’m loving the transformations. I’m wondering also how they take paint and how they look when done.

2 Likes