Just curious I guess

How many of you have more then 1 nuwave? I’ve been noticing that the times I need to wait for pieces to back and then for the oven to cool is a lot of wasted time. Maybe having 2 nuwaves would work better? Specially when painting bigger kits.

2 Likes

I have 2, but one of them sucks, so I don’t use it often. I usually bake legs while I’m painting head and arms, than swap but obviously have to wait for the set I took out to cool, which takes about 10 min. When I used to use them both to bake at the same time (before one of my nuwaves started having temp issues), they’d be done at the same time so I’d still have to wait for them to cool :frowning:

Edited to add: I just noticed you said waiting for your oven to cool, are you supposed to let it cool??? I’ve never let it cool on purpose. I take parts out and put the next set in right away.

2 Likes

I just got a second one and it’s amazing! I love having 2! Now I can paint twice as fast. Now if I could just figure out how to root twice as fast. :thinking::rofl:

8 Likes

Do you have any trouble with it draining too much power? I have an extra Magic Chef with a dial that is just sitting, I bought it when I first started, it was on sale and I thought it would work but the dial made me nervous. I would love to run two but I live in an old house and we have maxed out our electrical system, I can’t run the dryer, dishwasher and the nuwave or we shut down.

I’ve never had a power problem, heck in my house I have 2 refrigerators ( used to have 3) 2 a/c units, washer/dryer, double ovens…nothing shuts down lol. I was just wondering about using 2 nuwaves to save time because I notice that I have alot of “wait” time lol. BTW…I LOVE your haunted clowns!!! the color combinations are AMAZING. :heart:

1 Like

Really? You don’t wait for the temperature in the oven to cool down? :thinking: And you use the same setting when it’s hot?

That’s exactly what I want, to bake twice as fast!!

1 Like

No I don’t wait for it to cool down, I never thought about it needing to! I use the same temp setting, it just reaches the right temp faster. I could be wrong, but I’ve always thought of it like your oven. If you set your oven to 450 and bake something, turn it off for a second and then back on at 450, it doesn’t go higher than 450, just might not need to preheat. Like I said I could be wrong though, I just always assumed and never had issues with melting or not curing with my nuwave. Curious to see though if cooling is necessary and I’ve just been lucky so far!

2 Likes

Lol, I’m so confused…I use the thermometer inside the nuwave, and I set the oven to 265 for 7 minutes. If the oven is already hot, and it runs for 7 minutes, it gets way over 265 degrees and the vinyl starts to shine. Maybe its my Nuwave with the issue :thinking:

I have more than one kit on the go so I have something to do while waiting. I also don’t wait for my oven to cool. I wait long enough so the lid can be removed and I can pick my parts up without burning myself. With painting more than one lots of the time it has more time to cool than that before I’m finished the layer I’m painting and need to bake again.

1 Like

I have 2 nuwave n a brand new convection oven, I brought years ago, but haven’t used it. I’m only using 1 nuwave right now.

Thank you so much. I want a second for those big babies that you can only bake a head or a limb at a time. I am usually working on a baby while I have one cooking or cooling. I am also notorious for painting a hot baby, not a good move.

The clowns are fun, may do a second round after my trip.

3 Likes

It should hold 265 and not go above that.

And if you will paint 2 kits at the same time you will not have ‘waiting time’.

2 Likes

I think my oven may have issues, I’m almost sure it keeps getting hot . It doesn’t stop at 265 :worried:

1 Like

I only have one oven and I got a Cookie kit when it was KOD. I plan to paint a second and possibly third kit with it because it looks like a leg and arm will fit and the head is huge so it will be on its own. That’s 3 baking times when I usually cycle through two.

I have thought about a second oven. I loved painting Lillian! She wears 9 month clothes. She’s pretty big. I’d love to do more big kits. The thing that stops me is the 3 cycle baking thing.

2 Likes

I have 4 nuwave ovens and 2 of the off brand glass type.Hubby had to run extra breakers so that I can run more than 1 oven at a time in the doll shop but I rarely have more than 3 going at the same time now that I totally quit custom orders.I like to let my ovens cool back down between cycles also.I bake at 265 for 8 minutes.

2 Likes

I have 2 Nuwaves for baking dolls. I wait for the oven to cool down to where the parts don’t burn me to pick up. It takes about an hour to completely cool…probably would be less if I took the dome off, but I don’t like the escape of gas/steam or whatever it is that comes out when I do that…just wait for it to dissipate before removing the dome.

3 month Joseph took 2 cycles to completely bake (one Nuwave for legs and one for head and arms…then when they were done I’d bake the belly plate). Cookie from BB only takes 1 cycle…her head and limbs go in one Nuwave and the legs in the other. I bake mine for 11 minutes (takes 3 minutes to get to correct temperature)…I walk in place for those 11 minutes while watching both Nuwaves to make sure nothing happens (depending on how much baking I do at night I average anywhere from 1500 to 3000 steps between midnight and 5am). One of the Nuwave ovens was given to me for free cause it sat outside in a plastic tote for over a year, so I watch for the first sign something is going wrong.

1 Like

Your circus babies are completely your jam! They are amazing :blush:

1 Like

I also don’t wait most of the time. Never had an issue with melting or shine either so I think as long as your oven works at holding temperatures, it’s fine to do it that way. I like to have a second new wave on hand just in case my first one breaks down, I will still be able to reborn.

1 Like

Thanks🤡