Item being returned-UPDATE

I called PayPal. They didn’t know what ‘start a return’ means and that it might be something E-bay does. This purchase wasn’t through E-bay. PayPal is going to contact her and tell her it’s okay to ship it and what steps to follow. Hopefully, this will resolve it.

4 Likes

@jeanhai I apologize that this transaction was uneasy for you. There were no issues until now and I do believe it did not have to be this difficult. The kit has not been sent, due too paypal stating not to return until you started the return. They said to not ship anything until you responded. Due to this long thread, now I feel uneasy and as if maybe you are being a little dishonest. The kit came with black marks around nose, drilled holes and smelt like urine. I had issues with smoke not coming out in the past so the urine smell really concerned me as much as the kit being altered. Your private medsage said the picture you sent did not show the black marks or holes and you are correct. You sent me a picture under false pretense. This is something you knew because you took a picture of the entire kit. No, all business does not need to go on a thread but you put it out there. What I have learned is to stop buying from outside sources and to get up close pictures of anything purchased. I have had lovely transactions on here in the past and this did not have to be like this, but you put it out in there so here it is. What you failed to state, was that I am returning the kit but did not feel comfortable waiting for you to get the kit and then returning my money. I do not know you. I asked you to go through paypal, I never said I would not return it and have proof of this. This protects both of us. I will be sending this kit back as soon as I can since it is saturday. Please send me your correct address so it can be insured and signed. The kit is in the same condition in which you sent it to me. I do think it’s ok to ask questions to people, but do not make it out as if they are trying to scam you when you know it is through paypal and in the process of being returned. Also, i made the effort to contact paypal 2 times and notified you through paypal,there was no issue returning this, I just wanted to be safe. You did not start the return as of 11:30 today, so I filed a claim because paypal said it would be faster. If you had been patient and went through paypal like I asked, it could have been sent yesterday. Please refrain from saying your scammed because it is Saturday. I care about the reborn world and plan to be here for a while. I’m not mad, just disappointed.

this is what the kit looks like not the picture you sent me.

1 Like

AND for anyone who has not been through the return process on paypal, the buyer cannot start the return it has to be the seller. In order to be protected you must go through paypal. If you send it back and it is not through paypal you are without money.

You can return it without PayPal just not through their process.Meaning you nor the seller has their protection but to say it can not be returned without them is not right.I understand why both of you were worried about the idea of the return,but being the person that you bought from ,I would have returned without PayPal and would have trusted her to refund.I have never seen any reason on here to not trust her.

When the seller omits important details of what sells, it is normal for the buyer to distrust the return.

2 Likes

I think it is best to go through PayPal as they both would be covered & backed.

2 Likes

Everybody is entitled to their opinion.I was just saying that I would TRUST @Jeanhai to refund as she said she would.I have bought from new people on here and some old no longer here people.I have received one kit that was filthy and took forever to clean.I ordered pacifiers from someone no longer here that never did send the rest of my order and vanished.

2 Likes

I understand what you are saying. But as @Estelle85 stated she doesn’t know her personally. Although @Jeanhai may have unintentionally not disclosed information about the kit. It more than likely put a bit of mistrust in her. I think it best that they go through PayPal. They both have some concerns. It’s just easier to go through PayPal.

2 Likes

I agree. If the seller was not “forthcoming” and omitted some things, then I would have a trust issue as well. I personally don’t see any issues with getting PayPal involved. If I was the seller and I already had conversations with the buyer, I would have contacted PP to make sure I get my items back. The same as the buyer, I want to make sure I get my money back. Some of you guys are making it to be personal. Using trusted sources such as PP is a good thing! Why make it out to be a bad thing to get the company which monies were exchanged involved? I may need more explanation on this

2 Likes

Was the item sold through eBay? If so, maybe the information here might help? (The “how it works” section spells out the process)
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/return-process.html

Not sure but I believe it was a transaction between 2 members here so I assume the deal was worked out on the forum

2 Likes

Calling her dishonest was uncalled for.She has no idea how to do the PayPal return process so she was asking for help to find out how it is done.I have never done it so sure did not know how to help her.I have returned things without going through PayPal and have never heard of the return process.As far as their Rules of return,who cares,she said return and she would refund.That’s all that I would need between forum friends.

2 Likes

So, I will not respond on this situation anymore today. Please do not cause drama, sometimes instigating causes more issues. She asked a question and that’s fine, but saying she doesn’t know what to think, she hasn’t received tracking, acting like we have not communicated, and sending me a message saying that the picture she sent me is not the same as the kit (which is the point I made for returning it), is what frustrates me. I am not angry but now highly irritated. I do think of the forum as a community but in a year have seen people get burned on here by familiar faces. In saying that, I do not know her, never have met her and have no issues with her and do not want to have an issues especially based on people instigating. Just as she wants to feel safe, so do I. So this post can continue but I will not entertain it. I am pretty sure that she probably feels the same, but I will not speak for her.

5 Likes

Oh, PayPal can be tricky. If you receive something in person, then the Friends and Family option is a-okay. Paying via PayPal to anyone you do not know personally or when an item is being shipped should be handled as a business transaction. PayPal also protects the buyer and the seller when there are problems with a shipping company, even USPS. It really is best to do any money transactions with PayPal. They do have a process for returns, but it’s fairly simple. They also are helpful on the phone. Here is a link that might also be helpful.

I’ve seen some doll transactions go badly in the past due to miscommunication. I would never assume anyone is being fraudulent right off the bat, but I’ve seen a few people be scammed in my years of doll collecting. I even paid someone once for an auction doll from eBay, for several hundred dollars… then the seller told me they sold it to a friend and kept my money! It took several weeks of going through eBay and PayPal to recover my funds.

One of my most recent additions to my collection came to me with marker stains on the doll. I didn’t assume the seller had lied to me, I figured she might have missed it. She could have poor lighting or cataracts for all I know. I just sent a message to tell her and shared a photo. I let her know that this stain was here and I’d never had that happen before. She offered a partial refund which was fine with me. I wouldn’t have paid so much originally if I had known there was damage.

I’ve heard of people buying things from smoke-free homes, then the item being delivered smelling of cigarettes… only to discover the mail carrier was to blame! So, smells can and do sometimes come from other sources when an item is shipped. I could not say for sure about this transaction, but it is possible odors are acquired during the shipping process.

I hope it’s all sorted out sooner than later. It looks like some feelings are being hurt, which I hate to know that’s happening.

1 Like

I know how to do refunds on PayPal and how to do partial refunds,I saw those when looking it up for her.What I could not find was how to start a return.I am sure she is waiting for the return to refund the money.

This has gotten way out of hand. I did not mean to cause any drama and purposely left out the name of the person who bought the kit because she’s a member of this forum, I like her, and didn’t want to cause her any embarrassment even though I don’t know her, either. I only wanted to find out how to 'start a return". We have communicated multiple times and everything was fine until I asked other people’s opinions. I spoke to PayPal this morning. The person I spoke to told me he didn’t know what my ‘starting a return’ meant, either. He said he would contact her and let her know what steps to take. The money is being held by PayPal so it’s there to be returned to her when I get my kit. I don’t want to fight with her and I really want to respond to some of the untrue things she said, but I’m not going to. She will get her refund. I thank all of you for trying to help, but I think it would be best to just close this thread. I’m going away now.

7 Likes

I have received my kit. Refund has been sent by PayPal. It all worked out.

16 Likes

JEANHAI ROCKS!!! That’s all I have to say about this. Love you Jean!!! :heart:️:kiss::heart:️:kiss::heart:️:kiss:

1 Like

Thanks, Nikki.

2 Likes

If she’s filed a claim and she’s returning the kit, SHE has to provide PayPal with the tracking number, not you.

1 Like