Is this a scam?

As far as I know this kit has not been available as yet, so how can this person be listing it on eBay?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Reborn-Doll-Kit-Karlotta-By-Karola-Wegerich-Sold-Outt-HTF-/131128339215?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e87dbab0f

I have forum friends that have received Karlotta this week. Quinlynn Eagles ships tomorrow and is on eBay by a few “resellers”. One went for over $400 and another for over $300.00! It really bothers me that people preorder just to resell for a profit.

OK, for some reason I thought she is due mid March. i have my name down with a local distributor if anybody fails to pay the rest by the due date.

i just wonder what makes kit to sell out so fast and then command such huge prices. There are other LE absolutely stunning babies and they are readily available. Like Moira by Heike Kolpin, actually I think she is as nice as Livia.

— Begin quote from “pia”

I have forum friends that have received Karlotta this week. Quinlynn Eagles ships tomorrow and is on eBay by a few “resellers”. One went for over $400 and another for over $300.00! It really bothers me that people preorder just to resell for a profit.

— End quote

Pia, I’m honestly not sure if I’m more disturbed by the resellers or the people who pay it. If I paid that for a kit I’d be afraid to paint it. I’ve yet to see one that I’d pay that much for even if I could afford it. However if I did pre-order a kit and find that it was this popular, I’d probably would sell it and stock up on my favorite BB kits.