In what order?

Ladies,

For those of you that are Artist, in what order do you normally go in when completing a doll? Do you do the limbs and then the head or vice versa? Do you completely finish parts then go back and do others?

I always start with legs, move on to arms and do head last. All layers in this order. I guess I get into a groove, and stay with it. That way I know what has been painted vs what has not. :wink:

2 Likes

I just grab the closest part most of the time. I do grab the head if I’m not sure if I have the right sponges for mottling. You have to love the back of the head! I use one side of my rack for painted and the other for ready to paint unless I have two kits going. I do want to make another rack though so I don’t have piles of parts! Always do the whole kit at the same time on each layer to get the end result to match.

Painting, I should have specified Lol!

1 Like

I start to apply the paint to the back of the head and work around to the front of the face and then I go to arms and legs and I do this each layer in that order

3 Likes

I start with the head, then the arms, belly plate and the legs.

1 Like

I start with the pieces that take the longest to dry first. That way I can get started on multiple layers sooner when I use Genesis. When I’m using air dry, I can get started on the pieces right away because the biggest pieces have already dried by the time I get done. I usually do head first, then the belly plate, legs and arms last.

1 Like

Usually head, legs, arms and rotate. I use air dry so they keep going in the same order. When I finish the last part the first one is dry enough for another layer.

2 Likes

I always start with the head. I also keep them in order because of air dry painting. I like starting with the head because as I go I think about how red…how blue…how much mottle…It gives the tone for the baby in the first few washes for me.

2 Likes

I dive in head first, arms then legs repeat!

1 Like

Head, arms, legs and keep rotating till finished.

1 Like