If you use Reborns dot com

I am in Canada and ship to US with no problem. The cost is similar. Just take tracking and insurance. I ship with Poste Canada.

I take the silver plan, and sold within few days. I think my price are maybe too low !

The problem on our end is that we can not fully insure a package using just Priority Mail. It has to be Express Mail International. So it gets expensive for the buyer.

1 Like

Expensive like what ? I charge 45$ can for shipping.

When I look up Priority Mail it only has $200 shipping insurance. So I have to purchase the extra insurance to go with it. It ā€œlooksā€ like I can purchase the extra insurance for the package. I know on some countries, we can not add extra insurance to Priority Mail. Then I ended up having to ship Express Mail International. For this personā€™s address it is coming up $59.80 total for the quote on an 8 lb package Priority mail with extra insurance.

I think it may just depend on where you are and where exactly youā€™re shipping to. I just send out 2 babies Priority mail with extra insurance, within the US, in the exact same sized boxes, and the weight was within a few ounces of each other. One went from me in North Carolina to a buyer in Alabama and cost $18. The other went from me to New Mexico and cost $52. So Iā€™m guessing that even to Canada the biggest effect on the cost of postage will be the distance to the buyer (but thatā€™s just a guess, as Iā€™ve not yet shipped internationally).

60$ so near 70$ can, seem a little high, but not exessive to me. In Canada, I think we are used to high shipping costā€¦just for an order at BB, it cost me 45$cd, so I think itā€™s just matter of perspective.

If you ship frequently out of the country I would recommend a service like stamps.com. They do charge a monthly fee starting at $7.99 a month. I ship internationally frequently and the service is ideal for that. The additional insurance is purchased through them and when an item is lost or damaged, they reimburse you in a timely manner. They do have to be approved by the USPS but itā€™s easy to get refunded. Only one online form is needed to submit a refund and you wait 6 - 8 weeks and you are refunded the full price. No waiting in line at the post office or multiple forms to fill out. I have had several packages shipped to the UK that were either damaged or never got there and I received my money back with no problems.

Wow I dunno if I could stay in the reborn business if I had to pay those kinds of fees!

Yea, if I was going to start shipping abroad a lot it would be worth that. I almost never do now though.

I shipped a baby sold on eBay last year with full insurance to Canada, and shipping was around $65. The doll was insured for $400.

1 Like

I order 2-3 kits at a time plus a few supplies, it save me on cost. But yes, itā€™s expensive !