I wanna make one!

Count me out. They are cute, but I lack the sewing skills and would need a class on that first, lol

3 Likes

Oh wow I love it!!!

2 Likes

YouTube, @aclovly, YouTube. You can do it! :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

I taught myself to sew as well! Just start with small projects and look up tutorials online.
My first project were small felt stuffies. They’re cute and simple.

2 Likes

Thanks. He’s anatomically correct and takes a full paci. Lol, I used silicone pellets in his testicles so they would look more realistic.

5 Likes

wow!!! thats pretty impressive!

2 Likes

Thanks. :0) shortly after that I got heavy I to reborning. I’ve been thinking of trying again lately. I have more ideas of how I could improve on the design. He was my second. With my first I gave her an inner armature of pipe cleaners in her fingers so she could hold on to stuff.

1 Like

I did buy a used combo sewing and embroidery machine because I fooled myself like I was going to learn to sew. That was over 2 years ago. Maybe I should take a stab at sewing at least. I have a few older reborn bodies I would like to alter and that would be a great start.

3 Likes

I got a new sewing machine for christmas im dying to use :slight_smile: Sewing is very rewarding @aclovly especially quilt making because you are creating something so quickly. And look at all the stuff you can make on your embroidery machine no sewing needed…just all embroidery machine which is sewing all by itself:

12 Likes

@avyona I thought about trying one but it is a little too much for me, lol. I did want to use the Waldorf pattern to make a cuddle baby body though. Can’t wait to see what you do. I know it will be amazing!

Did you make all these?

yes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Eeeeeek! I love them!

1 Like

Sweet! I have patterns from Funky Friends Factory. But my machine is broke. :confused: So I havent made any recently.

But I have patterns for an Elephant, dragon baby, Alligator, bear, baby, horse/unicorn I think that is it but may be more… lol

1 Like

Beautiful!

1 Like

Here are some I made before (I alter the bear pattern to make the cats) and I haven’t actually made the Alligator, but have the pattern.
The dragon was done all by hand.

10 Likes

Wow, amazing work !!!

Yours are amazing too !!!

1 Like

Thanks I should have chose different fabric on some of them but oh well :wink:

I LOVED the brown horse. He was a suede type fabric and felt so nice. I gifted it to my daughters old Kindergarten teacher who happened to name her son Swade and they live on a ranch. So I thought it was fitting :slight_smile:

1 Like

Aww!! Stuffed animals are so much fun to make hehe. I LOVE the elephants. They are my fav animal :slight_smile: I have made dolls on my embroidery machine, no sewing and a matching pony. This was the first doll I ever sewed. I made them out of wool felt. I havent done anymore since…but I am about to design an embroideyr machine made newborn baby…so that is probably how i stumbled onthe waldorf dolls as I was looking for inspiration for designing a SIMPLE newborn doll. However I still want to do a more detailed doll for myself.

7 Likes