I thought I would introduce myself!

Well, it feels like back I’m in school, but I saw others doing this soo…I wanted to give it a go.

I’m new to this forum and a fledgling reborn artist. I came across this hobby through my daughter! She doesn’t collect reborns, but she’s really into ball jointed dolls. I felt like I needed something to keep myself entertained with and just, something to do on my spare time! So, I began to explore the reborn world and I ended up here.
There’s a kit sitting on the edge of my bed just waiting for me to work on him (decided it should be a boy!) but I am still terrified! What if I ruin him? He’s too cute! So, I thought I would join this forum to seek for advice and to learn from others. I hope to slowly see progress in my work while creating new friends here!
Thank you very much and have a wonderful night! :smile:

9 Likes

Hi Mika! Welcome to the forum…We are all happy to help if we can…You’ll get lots of wonderful advice from lots of wonderful ladies here… Everyone gets along like family…Able to chat, express opinions, help each other with reborning and lots of other advice as well…heehee…Hope to see you around on the forum.

Don’t be afraid to join in or ask for help and don’t be afraid to paint your baby…lol :wink: once you get going you will love it… There is one warning - REBORNING IS ADDICTIVE SO BE PREPARED…LIKE POTATO CHIPS…NO-ONE CAN HAVE JUST ONE! :smile:

4 Likes

Welcome! What kit do you have? Reborning is SO fun and it’s thrilling to see your baby “come to life”! Have fun!

2 Likes

Welcome! I love your name! This is my beautiful Mika☺️

7 Likes

Hi Mika! Welcome to the best reborn forum in the world. We love reborning and we love each other. You will be welcomed with open arms.

The best way to start reborning is to find a good tutorial and just follow it step by step. It won’t be long before you find yourself “doing it your way.” What kit do you have? Show us pictures along the way and we will all give you tips and encouragement.

3 Likes

Hello and welcome!!!

1 Like

Welcome to the reborning world !! So far the best forum !! Enjoy : Andy Vancouver B.C.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, Mika!

Here’s two tutorials that will help:

https://www.facebook.com/Learn-To-Reborn-The-Beautiful-Baby-Way-204718992903937/timeline/

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum Mika, it’s nice to “meet” you. We are a very friendly group and support each other 100% so if you have questions just ask away and someone will be along to help in just a minute. We are pretty chatty here so just jump in if you have anything to add, Congratulations on the purchase of your first reborn, you are going to love this hobby and will quickly become addicted like the rest of us. Who did you decide to get and reborn? Make sure you post pictures, we love pictures here and never be afraid to show us your work, that way if we feel there is something we can help you with we will jump in and give you our opinion. If you are stuck on something take a picture of the WIP and let us see how we may be able to help at that point for you. Good Luck, Happy Reborning !!!

3 Likes

Welcome, Mika! It’s nice to have another new person in the group. I can’t wait to see your progress with your baby. These ladies are wonderful help when you encounter questions or problems.

1 Like

Oooh! She’s so gorgeous and her eyes are stunning.

1 Like

I decided over the Sam kit…I completely forgot the name of the artist, but I purchased him through here. He’s a really cute one! I’m so excited to get started on him. Reborning sounds very fun!

If you ruin him… Just buy another!!! Lolol jump in!!! :heart:️:heart:️

1 Like

That is so kind of you! Thank you very much. I will make sure to post some pictures of my Sam along the way. I’m still just terrified to mess him up in some way, but I’m also excited to start on him.

1 Like

Haha! Yes, that’s also another option of course. Practice perfects the art after all! Thank you very much :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is actually really helpful, thank you so much! I will get down to watching them right now and then I will begin to work on my kit. Thanks! :smile:

1 Like

I suggest going through the entire painting and sealing process on a test limb. I did it on a leg. For the first kit, don’t expect too much. Go through the entire process and know that is a hands-on way to learn. We all learn a lot with each baby we do, especially in the beginning.

2 Likes

The leg! Yay!

3 Likes

@AmyR777 Amy!!! Show her. THE LEG!!! Mika, be afraid, be very afraid!!! Lololol love the leg! :heart:️:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️ its growing on me! HAHAHA GET IT??? Hahahahaha :smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:

I just laughed so hard I almost fell off the couch! Thank you for being you Amy:-). You are my brilliant priceless genius! :heart:

1 Like