I think I mottled too dark?

It looks dark, but I don’t know if once I get more layers on will it look better? What do you think? It’s my first time, I went a little crazy…

Better picture please? I can’t see hardly anything in this picture.

2 Likes

I looks darker in person I think. @Sydster

It is too difficult to tell from photos. It may very well fade with baking. But if you are not happy and you have not baked this layer as yet, just squirt some thinners on it and wipe the layer with rag, and then dilute your your mottling mixture more and have another go. That is the beauty of Genesis…

2 Likes

I agree with @ludmila If you’re worried about it or you don’t like what it looks like, take it off and start again.

1 Like

Thank you. These are actuall baby FX so I may be stuck with it.

Thank you. I may…maybe see it in morning light.

I have never used air dry, but if I could not remove it, I would go over it with few layers of pale flesh. Nor sure how much do the FX paints cover.

1 Like

I think Goof Off takes anything off…I was able to strip a kit that I had baked (supposedly meaning that the paint sticks and won’t come off) and it came off! (Most of it did anyways) There is Goof Off spray & wipes

1 Like

Thank you all for your advice I will try a few of them and see what happens :slight_smile:

If you feel it’s too dark you can do a wash of mint green/thin skin color to tone down the red. Then add a layer of flesh wash too and this will help make it look more like it’s under the skin rather than sitting on top

5 Likes

I do not think it is necessary to strip this baby. By the way, goof-off contains acetone, but costs 4x as much.

1 Like

Yes, goof off melted one of my first kits! A few years ago when I first started, I asked what to use to strip and I was told goof off is good to use. Well it sure did strip my paint and ate through my vinyl gloves I was wearing as well as my kit! I rushed to run it under water but then it turned gooey and sticky, completely ruined! After that I searched forums and found out goof off is no longer used, Windsor newton brush cleaner works great but I do not think you need to strip this kit either. After more layers, the mottling will blend in a bit better and tone down!

3 Likes

@sweetiepieapril thank you! You are my secret mentor (:blush:) so I will definitely do that. I really admire your work.
And thank you to the rest of you for the advice I really appreciate it. It’s nice how everyone tries to help each other, it’s very sweet!

2 Likes

Shan i have found some products will make rubber or vinyl sticky Have to be really careful .
Does the company have any suggestions on wiping off dry paint ?
Renauta if it were heat set mine always fade with baking but air dry i have no clue.
Wonder if a skin layer of paint would tone it down.?
I start with an area on the back of my dolls head testing how dark my mottle is that way hair covers it if too dark .

3 Likes

@Rirish Thank you, will remember that next time…:blush: