I think I might scream!

Ugh I have a potential customer driving me bonkers! They inquired about a doll I have for sale locally, which I have already reserved for someone else to pick up Saturday. This lady is BEGGING me to sell him to her tonight for 150$ less than my listing price and she doesn’t want to pay shipping to the other side of the country.
She said “please this is my daughter’s dream baby” and all that but the doll was reserved for someone else’s kid’s christmas gift. She asks about a custom of the same baby and she wants it EXACTLY the same, which I explain that I can’t do. I can do similar but not exact, even of my own work. I offer it to her for the same price as the original baby (350$ CAD plus shipping) which is a great deal already. She agrees and then I ask about a deposit of 175$ for supplies. She agrees to that but then goes on to say she only has 150 and tries to haggle the price down to 300 CAD including shipping (generally shipping even within Canada is like 35$) which I say no. She keeps trying and I just flat out say no, I can’t do it. She’s pissed but at this point I don’t care too much, I’m pissed too lol
I don’t need this stress lol I’m already stressed enough :rofl:

This is the baby in question

15 Likes

Sounds like someone you don’t want to deal with

1 Like

Exactly, I got a really bad vibe from her which is the main reason I refused. If she’s this happy to make happy now she would never be happy with the doll

2 Likes

For sure, always go with your first instinct

1 Like

Thank God you got rid of her right away. Block her or ignore her. Some people are ridiculous. :confused:

2 Likes

I agree! I got her to leave me alone eventually, just by saying no over and over again lol

2 Likes

That’s baby is gorgeous!! Which sculpt is she? Excellent work!!!

2 Likes

She’s Blessing by Marita Winters! She’s such an awesome preemie sculpt, I adore her! Sorry for more pics but I really love this baby haha

16 Likes

Thank you! I agree! They just don’t understand the time and money that goes into these dolls, and explaining it doesn’t work because they don’t care either!

4 Likes

That lady would be blocked so fast her head would spin. :rofl:

Beautiful baby btw. :blush:

4 Likes

Lol right! I don’t know if the site I’m using allows you to block people, but regardless I got her to leave me alone.

Thanks :slight_smile: I’ve had her finished for nearly a year I just never got around to selling her but I needed the money and my other dolls weren’t selling. This one I got nearly 5 messages in one day lol

6 Likes

She’s perfect! Great job! Good luck with the sale! :heart:

2 Likes

Ugh please please please do not under value yourself. That baby is amazing. If you have to time to make it again then go for it, but do not take less! Good luck dealing with her

3 Likes

I absolutely won’t take less, no matter what. I have other customers that are willing to pay for my work

3 Likes

If she comes back haggling again send her deposit back and tell her you can’t make it sorry.

She hasn’t paid anything! She kept trying to negotiate down the price and I was firm and said no. I’ not willing to deal with that crap lol I’ll do a payment plan if you can’t afford a doll but fighting the already low price is not gonna work

1 Like

She sounds like my last customer…if she from Alberta?

2 Likes

Yes, she is! Yikes, I’m sorry you had to deal with her too lol

2 Likes

Lol, sounded just like her! I just sent her Saskia…she haggled so much. I refunded her money and said I was done. Then I let her pay again and I sent the doll …silly me. I just felt badly for her daughter not gett8ng her “dream baby”. Hmmmmm…I will never deal with her again!

She to,d me she wouldn’t bother me again, as long as she got Saskia. Got a message last night asking if I had any babies under 175$. I now have her blocked!

2 Likes

That sounds like the same lady alright! This daughter has a lot of dream babies :rofl: Your Saskia was precious!
Good thing you blocked her! If she contacts me again I’m going to block her.

2 Likes