I SOLD my first baby...Molly will be going home!

I bag it up pretty much like @otterbaby2 does. I use medium-size white trash bags for now. My dollar store has been out of the gift bags that I’d like to get. I think the colorful bag would be much more exciting to open. :wink:

I use Priority Shipping and be sure to add signature confirmation and insurance. Staples has a nice size box (I think it is 14" in the longest side) that you can angle the baby in so it fits nicely. I also use the Dollar Tree Gift Bags and include Baby Mints from Dollar Tree also. If I put conditioner or a fake bottle in the box, I wrap it in lots of Scott Towels and then place it inside a freezer quality ziplock and put it on the outside of the baby and the bag. I use white tissue paper over rooted hair and tie it gently with a bow around the baby’s neck. The tissue paper doesn’t mess up the hair like a disposable diaper does and it is almost free!

1 Like

I can only comment as a receiver of lots of packages from lots of companies :blush:.
But if you’re going to require a signature make sure you let the buyer know. I personally am never home when my packages are delivered and have had to have some items sent to my work instead because the shipper required a siggy. This probably isn’t a big issue in Palm Coast (although I can’t remember where the post office is there), but I would have a long drive to go get a package from my ‘local’ post office and would have to leave work early to get there before they close.

I know requiring a siggy is safer but it’s not always easiest for the receiver.

1 Like

Congratulations!!! :balloon: :balloon: :balloon:

I don’t think I would ever ship a baby without signature confirmation. There is just too much danger of the receiver saying it was never received and filing a claim with eBay or PayPal. I also will only ship to the verified PayPal address, so the buyer might be inconvenienced a bit. Too many scam artists out there these days.

I don’t do birth certificates, I just send care instructions, two outfits, two diapers, blanket, binky with clip and I put a hospital bracelet on their ankle.