I should have known better

I started on Shyann back in November. I finished her in January. I rooted her eyebrows n they wouldn’t lay straight. So I asked in a fib group, what I could use to help they lay flat. Someone said they use Alene’s paper glaze, cause it dries clear. I knew better n I tried it anyway. Now I’ll have to sell her as a boo boo. I should have known better. I don’t even know why I tried it. I knew it would be noticeable.

1 Like

I wonder if u used a matte air dry varnish over top if it would cut the shine… :thinking:

3 Likes

I think you could just peel off the glaze. Give it a try.

4 Likes

Do you have air dry matte varnish?

I would pounce some matte over it.

5 Likes

I am also wondering if the matte varnish would help. Let us know how it turns out for you. She is a beautiful baby! I never payed much attention to Shyann before.

1 Like

Just add more and tap it with your finger. It will matte. For some reason it removes the shine. I just tried it on a drop and it worked for me. Ancient reborn secret. :wink:

6 Likes

I have the deco art.

Thank you.

I will give that a try too. Thanks

1 Like

Let me know if it works for you! Fingers crossed!

2 Likes

I will.

2 Likes

Either try to peel it off or see if matte varnish thinner with thinning medium will do the trick.

1 Like

air dry matte varnish,Golden brand will def go over paperglaze,have done it with lips,to take them back to matte… 2 coats,pounced thin will work fine

1 Like

I use tacky glue or Elmer’s BUT I put it on one strand at a time with a toothpick. Just barely touch the hairs that are being stubborn and press them down till they stick. That’s why I like tacky glue because it grabs fast without having to hold it down for very long.

I would think the Aleen’s might come off with a tiny dab of Dawn on a sponge.

I would try like @Nikkiroc said. Please let us know what you did!

2 Likes

So I tried added more paper glazed dabbing with my finger. It helped a little. Last night I used the air dry decoArt mixture. Thanks everyone for the advice.

5 Likes

Good Save! She is so cute.

2 Likes

Thank you

1 Like

Good job!! Great save!