I made it work

So I bought a Dominic kit from here. It needed stripped and had been rooted before with the hair removed so there were holes in the head. When I repainted him the holes grabbed the paint so they looked like little brown specks. When I was re-rooting him it wasn’t disguising the specks…they were pretty visible. Then, I ran out of hair. Lol! Basically a hassle from start to finish. My mother-in-law has been in love with the first baby I made which was Dominic (he’s my profile pic). So, I decided to make one for her and gift it to her for her birthday. I didn’t want to give her the original because he’s my first and also because I’ve come a long way since making him. Anyway, that’s why I bought this one. Long story longer, I felt like there was no hope for his head so I came up with the idea to glue his hat on. Lol! She is not going to mind…I don’t see her changing his clothes and stuff and it was perfect for masking his flaws. So end result…super cute baby with a permanent hat! :rofl:

21 Likes

He’s handsome!!

2 Likes

She’s going to love him! What a sweet boy.

3 Likes

Good solution :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.
He turned out really cute it would have been a shame to waste him

2 Likes

Smart lady !! Your cavy is beautiful

2 Likes

He’s adorable! What is it with Dominic being a trial? Mine was a nightmare too but this kit is so adorable he’s more than worth the trouble :heart:

2 Likes

That is how you do it- he’s adorable

2 Likes

Genius :blush: handsome little boy too :heart:

2 Likes

When I redo a reborn I have previously rooted I do neutralizing and then do a layer of matte varnish straight from the pot over the entire kit. It fills any holes left ( oh after washing i use a heat gun to close holes as much a possible). Its only a thin layer on the limbs and face but slightly thicker over the rooting area. I find this goes into any remaining open holes and seals them.

3 Likes

The baby is lovely. The hat may need cleaning over time so that may be an issue…

I have re done a rooted Edley that started out with horrible pluggy hair. After all the hair is pulled out and everything is stripped, if you seal the baby’s head with Genesis thick medium using your fingers to rub and work it into the holes that will seal them up pretty well. Then I painted hair over the whole head. After that I went back and sealed the hair with Genesis Satin Varnish using a stiff brush to create hair lines. This helped to cover any remaining visible rooting holes that were larger and not fully covered by the Thick Medium. He turned out to be one of my favorite babies I have done.

6 Likes

Thanks for all of the advice! It’s good to have some tips for the next time.

1 Like

He is so cute!

2 Likes