I loooove chubby babies!

No…its the opinion of “some” medical professionals…and there are equally as many if not more medical profession who counter the claim and urge mothers to breast feed well into the 1st year of a babies life. By default any breast feed baby is going to be chunkier then a canned powder fed baby (no offense to anyone who feeds formula) because breast milk is naturally higher in fats and a completely different something. As a social worker for more than 20 odd years I’ve never once seen anyone charged with child abuse for having an overweight child, so I’m wonder what country that’s taking place in.

Either way, we can debate the findings of medical journals til the cows come home, but that’s not the issue here. The issue is this post was a fun topic for people who love chubby babies to express as much, not a place people were expecting to come and be made to feel like bad parents and child abuser (your words) because their babies don’t fit into your idea of perfect health. If we don’t like the topic of a post or have anything nice to say then we should find another post instead of criticizing other people.

4 Likes

You are welcome. Your brother and sister-in-law have nothing to worry about. She’s beautiful. My youngest was my biggest but now weighs 110 lbs and is 5’ 5" I let mine nurse on demand. All my babies were healthy, happy and ate good. My pediatrician always said you could tell they were breast babies. At around 9 months I blended fresh fruits and veggies for them. They ate when they were hungry. Never fed them baby food from a jar. Switching over to solids was a breeze. Sure do miss those years.

4 Likes

Research indicates that even very chubby, exclusively breast fed babies are LESS likely to be obese as adults.

4 Likes

My two favorite chubs. My son, Lindsay, and my grandson, Kinsay. BTW, my son is now a very lean and physically fit man. 6’5", 185 lbs and all muscle. He has a car but prefers to bike wherever he goes, and he is an avid hiker and outdoorsman.

9 Likes

Where is this cat of which you speak? :cat2: I see no cat. :confused:

1 Like

I want to see the lion sized cat too…where is it?

4 Likes

Agreed! But it wasn’t my cat pic. I can’t remember who posted it!?

2 Likes

Yes I agree - like I said I had a baby like this and she’s 23 now and is built like a model - even after having a child - she looks perfect to me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The second one under Bibo looks just like Su Lin by Ping Lau. So cute.

2 Likes

i disagree. Many babies are chubby but as @MichelleP20 stated, once they start crawling and walking they usually slim down. I have 3 kids both of my boys were over 25 pounds when they were six months old and now my younger son is 11 and is like a toothpick, he’s so thin and my older son is 18 and he’s very slender ias well. My daughter looked chubby but didn’t weigh much at all, she was only 14 pounds when she turned 1, she’s nine now and has the body of a dancer/gymnast. There are cases where babies are severely obese but overall a chubby baby does not mean that they will grow to be obese. Here are some then and now pictures of my boys…and yes my oldest Logan put my daughter Lyric in a garbage bag

6 Likes

You take your babies out

Look at those gorgeous curls on Lindsay!!! What a beautiful baby both Lindsay and Kinsay are!!!

1 Like

@ludmila I have to disagree. All my babies were big at birth but my last one…a baby boy…weighed in at 11lbs 5ozs at birth. Jonathan was a chubby happy baby. By the time he was 2 he had slimmed down and was no longer chubby. Today Jon is 32 years old, 6ft tall and thin. He eats what he wants and never gains weight. My other babies were also chubby little ones and slimmed down around the age of 2. I know that was the belief years ago… some doctors believed that chubby babies will have weight problems all of their lives but I find it hard to fathom. Another example is my younger brother…At 4 months old he weighed 24 lbs but when he was around 2 he slimmed down and is now over 6 ft tall and is still thin even as an older adult. In my lifetime I have had many friends and relatives that had chubby babies who grew up to be thin healthy adults. JMO :heart:

3 Likes