I learned a hard lesson today

I have been working on a realborn Zuri and I was so excited about how she was going to come out. I put a bunch of little beauty marks all over her and her skin tone was so nice. I was so excited about putting a full head of dark hair on her. This morning I sealed her and I use glass and tile medium to seal all of my babies. I did what I always do and I have never had an issue in the past. The one thing I did different was for whatever reason I felt like it needed a little boost and I took the hair dryer to it to help it dry better. Why in the world I felt the need to do that I don’t know it was a mistake. All of her face looks crackly. Not horribly bad but if you get up close and look you can see it. I am so disappointed right now. I’m not even going to root her I’m just going to paint some hair on her and sell her cheap as a boo boo baby. I don’t even know if anybody would even want her at this point. If I can’t sell her I’ll give her to one of my daughters friends. I could just cry.

3 Likes

Oh no…I’m so sorry!! I think you could sell her as a little bald boo boo bay if you think it’s that bad. <3

1 Like

Oh dang it!

I bet she is super cute even crackly! :wink:

Do you think another layer would help?

1 Like

I’m so sorry! That is so sad :disappointed:
I have had a few mishaps before too and it’s terrible

1 Like

I’ve used the glass and tile medium and it cracked. It didn’t start cracking until I rooted the top of the head. I don’t know what caused it, but it was too risky for me to continue to use it. It was heart breaking because my reborn was almost completely done.

1 Like

I have been using it for 2 years now and I have never had an issue with it. I don’t know if maybe I got a little too thick but like I said the common denominator is the fact that I use the hair dryer on it. At least I figured out why it cracked sometimes because every time I have done it with the hair dryer is when it has cracked. I like the feeling of it with the glass and tile medium because it has a smooth feeling. I’m just so sick right now about this it makes me so mad.

1 Like

No another layer is not going to help at this point. I have already sealed it and I’m not sure how the paint would react on the sealer. I have already started painting hair on her and even that didn’t act right. I guess I’ll just have to keep my fingers crossed that she comes out okay enough to sell as a boo boo baby. I probably should have just left her bald but I don’t know how to leave things alone. Lol

1 Like

I am so disheartened because she came out so cute. I can’t even get another one because she sold out. When they get her back in I guess I will give it another try.

7 Likes

This baby makes me think of Summer Rain

You may have to zoom into the crackly spots to show better in pics, I can see it but others may over look it

1 Like

I am an extreme perfectionist. Lol. It’s definitely there I don’t think the pictures are picking it up. It’s not something that stands out a lot but if you look it’s there.

1 Like

Oh noooool! How tragic! :frowning: good luck!

1 Like

Aw so sorry! She is beautiful.

1 Like

She’s beautiful! I don’t see any cracking.

1 Like

Thank you, I will try that. Where do you get it?

1 Like

Joann Fabrics Michaels walmart.com Amazon etc . . .

1 Like

I got the blue label at walmart.com. I have been looking around and can’t seem to find the blue label anymore. Can you provide a link @Sony72 if you find one.

Found one!

http://www.joann.com/media-varnish-4oz-soft-touch/14043236.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=[ADL]%20[Shopping]%20[Desktop]%20Product%20Type%20[Medium]%20(New%20Structure)&gclid=CjwKCAjwhcjVBRBHEiwAoDe5x5kb-9qlWjRKm3qj4jfdpSAAnnxu6hxYp9-pSfFSgSQRCsalZVaSTBoCpkgQAvD_BwE

Here is another place

1 Like

She is still so beautiful! I had my medium crack painted hair, but i know I put mine on too thick. I use the gshp. I am so sorry about this. I rooted over the crackling and touched up and it is not noticeable now.

1 Like

Thank you everyone. I will be checking into the soft touch as well.