I hate creases

So I just tried creases with my new paint and failed. I did what the instructions said but it didn’t work right. It was way to dark. I’m gonna strip that arm and redo it. For the rest, I mixed the paint until it was how I wanted it and it turned out much better. Is acetone good for stripping?

1 Like

Definitely don’t use acetone, it can cause long term harm to the vinyl. most of us use Windsor and Newton Brush cleaner and restorer. Creases are hard, but you’ll figure it out! Creases tend to be built up with lots of thin layers instead of one thicker layer so an almost transparent milky paint consistency may be better depending on the paints you are using of course.

1 Like

You can use 90 or99%isopropyl alcool. Acetone is reserved when it’s varnished for a long time.

3 Likes

I’ve used acetone…and don’t recommend it! It did get the paint off but left the kit with a very orangish color of vinyl.

My husband also used bleach to strip a kit for me (although he was asked to use Windsor and Newton…which was sitting next to it lol) while I was in a hot bath…kit was clean as new but idk about long term issues so can’t recommend it

3 Likes

Thanks guys! I just bought some Windsor and Newton.

Windsor and newton is my best friend lol

1 Like

What paint do you use?

Tell me how it works with air dry, I am curious.

Just started using rebornfx

It came of almost instantly. I used a soft toothbrush and barley scrubbed and it was off. But it wasn’t varnished yet.

2 Likes

It’ll take of varnished air dry really well to usually just a bit more scrubbing is needed! Also any caked brushes. I’ve legit had brushes that are caked in acrylics because I was lazy and 24 hours in Windsor and newton and they’re good as new!

1 Like

Sounds like a great husband to me! :heart_eyes:. Mine sees me using chemicals and lectured me on taking proper precautions (ie you should be wearing a mask, respirator and open the window run the fan). All of which I know but… :woman_shrugging:t2: I keep waiting for him to take over for me lol

2 Likes

Oh he’s great…most of the time lol
I have health issues and he doesn’t like me messing with chemicals, he just doesn’t understand that some things aren’t great for the vinyl. As it is, I’ve had to put my foot down over a kerosene heater due to the smell. He thinks if the bodies and stuffing are covered then no worry, he can’t grasp that smells can get into the vinyl lol
I mean the bleach worked great, it was back to the normal color and no paint anywhere, but idk the long term effects of stripping with bleach lol.
He gets creeped out over the dolls, doesn’t understand the “baby thing” makes a funny face when I call them he,she etc. Just says it’s a doll! Lol but overall, he’s the best❤️

1 Like