I found this poll interesting

From the collectors point of view

18 Likes

That is very good info! Thanks for sharing it!

4 Likes

Looks like I’m in the minority with just wanting the basics. I’d like the majority of the cost going towards getting a great doll and having it safely sent. I can always find clothing to suit my tastes afterwards. That way I’m not left wondering how much nicer of a doll I could have had if not for all the goodies. Those extras would likely be regifted or donated if I didn’t care for them. On the other hand, I can totally see purchasing a set of matching or curated things separately so I knew exactly what I was getting rather than random surprises.

11 Likes

I prefer basics in selling photos. It lets me see the baby better. I think a ruffled vintage dress is super cute, but it distracts from the baby.
But I can understand wanting a normal, cute outfit.

3 Likes

Yes, As beautiful as the glamour shots are, I wish sellers would always include the basics as well. I’m constantly emailing asking for pix of the doll undressed back and front, and often the bottoms of the feet, and, a better look at the hair without a headband or hat on. I feel like some kind of perv asking, and it wastes time. But I need to know what I’m buying, it’s the doll itself that I’m potentially investing it. These aren’t the flattering shots, but they’re important.

5 Likes

It’s very smart of you to ask all of these questions. I’m bookmarking this post so I can make sure to include these pictures on listings. Thanks!

4 Likes

I completely agree, as an artist providing photos of the baby in a basic item, like a onesie really helps the buyer. Providing all the closeup details just save time later.

4 Likes

For me a white onzie,hat,diaper and socks and a white magnetic pacifer.Every body taste are different, so other clothing,for me is not necessary.Also just wrap up the reborn with a blanket and tissue paper for a save trip.

5 Likes

Yes, or bubble wrap. And hopefully the doll is in plastic to protect against rain or snow and a possibly soggy box.:+1:

4 Likes

I am all for cute basics. I don’t expect mama have the same taste as me, so it’s up to her to ‘spoil’ that baby. What important to me is a thick blanket secured with ribbons, bubble wrap, and all that wrapped up in the clear plastic bag to protect from the weather.

6 Likes

Yep I agree. I send in a sleeper because it protects baby best. Then simple onesies or an outfit for funsies.

2 Likes