I donated a baby today!

Hey everyone! I’ve been gone for awhile! I had to put away my “corner” of the living room that was dedicated to my nursery. I have a lot of anxiety when it comes to things being cluttered. And unfortunately, my house is really small and I don’t have room for my own space. My nursery was getting cluttered so I tried cleaning it up and downsizing and moving things around. It got to where I was trying to make it look organized multiple times a week and failing every time….sadly, I ended up losing my passion because of this. I packed everything up into boxes and put it away. I took a year off but now, I’m ready to start getting back into it!

My mom has a friend she met through a dog rescue she helps out with and she found out, that friends mom loves dolls! Every wall of her house has SO many of them. She also has dementia and wonders around a lot. Her dementia causes her a lot of anxiety and fidgeting. My mom got with me and wanted to get a baby to donate to this woman. Of course, I agreed! I donated Realborn Emmy to her. Emmy was my 6th baby made by me. We went and delivered Emmy to her this morning…and to say she loves her is an understatement! She kept saying “she’s got a good home here” and saying how much she loves her and how real she looks. She lit up and couldn’t stop smiling and looking at her. She seemed to be a lot calmer while she had Emmy in her arms. She got so cozy with her that she ended up taking a nap! It did a lot of good for my heart….and helped reignite that desire within me to create more! Now….I have to figure out this whole lack of space thing :thinking:
I’ll attach a few pictures from today (family has given the OK for this) :relaxed::heart:

28 Likes

Nice to see you back here!

Those pictures are THE BEST! That lady’s been collecting dolls for a looooong time…I recognize a few of them. I’m sure Emmy will absolutely have a very good home :two_hearts:

3 Likes

I love stories like this! Congratulations on making someone very happy and peaceful! Welcome back to reborning!

3 Likes

Thank you!!
It was definitely an experience I will never forget! I didn’t know my heart needed that until today. I’m pretty sure I got just as much joy out of this as she did! I’m going to attach another picture that I keep going back to. This was the exact moment we put Emmy in her arms and uncovered her face! This reaction was just priceless :heart: I always heard reborn artists talking about how rewarding it was to donate their babies to the elderly with dementia….but I wasn’t prepared for just how many feelings this experience would bring with it.

6 Likes

She has SO many!! They gave us a tour of the house and even the garage has shelves full of them :laughing:

3 Likes

How beautiful!!! That’s got to warm your heart :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I wanted to give my grandma a reborn but my mom said it would freak her out :pleading_face: I wish I had done it anyway

1 Like

My grandma probably would have been freaked out too! I definitely got my love for dolls from my mom. But she was the only one who developed that love for dolls. All of her other siblings were more into horses. And are freaked out by the reborns! :face_with_hand_over_mouth: my sister falls into that category as well!

1 Like

How wonderful!

1 Like

Oh my heart! An instant bond- I love it :heart: So kind of you.

1 Like

Welcome back!
You’ve made someone’s happy - this is the best! :heart:

1 Like

So much joy on her face. Your baby will comfort her. She’s got a good home.

1 Like

This is so nice. Look at her face! My one regret is I started painting babies after my Mom died. She had dementia in the end, she would have loved these babies.

1 Like

So sweet!

1 Like

What a nice story. Thank you that was awesome. Hope it got you jump started. I took a long break to after two knee replacements. When I came back I’ve made more than I ever did before. I’m making one now for my great niece because her house burned to the ground Christmas Day. It will give me more joy in giving it to her than her to get it.

1 Like

My grandma had all kinds of baby dolls and collected stuffed animals and McDonald’s toys. My aunts were always bringing her new babies. She was like a little girl showing them off :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: her mind wasn’t all there but I guess my mom figured she knew her dolls were dolls because they looked like dolls :thinking: :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Oh no! I’m sorry to hear that :frowning: A house fire has always been one of my biggest fears! It’s so nice of you to make a baby for her :heart: I’m sure her new baby will bring her lots of comfort!

1 Like

She could be right but I would venture to say that wether or not the reborn looks like a doll (or real baby) that it would still have been therapeutic for her. If she likes dolls and babies, I wouldn’t think it would freak her out. But, it’s so hard to know for sure :woman_shrugging:t3: I don’t know too much about dementia :thinking:
The lady I donated Emmy to laid her down in a cradle and by the next day I’m not sure she remembers if Emmy is a doll or not. They said she kept going over and checking on her and making sure she was covered up. She would say things like “she’s sure sleeping good” but not pick her up. So my hope is that she does pick her up again and gets to enjoy her….instead of thinking she’s a real baby and leaving her to sleep out of being worried about waking her up :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Such a sweet story.

1 Like

The photos are so precious and you are so kind to do that!!

1 Like

Awwwww. She sure does sleep good :rofl::rofl::rofl: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like