How to make?

Hello all, I hope everyone is well! It’s been awhile since I last posted, but grand-baby is keeping me busy! I was asked to make a albino baby so I need some help before I commit as I have never made one before. What color paints do I use [heat set]. If anyone can help me figure this out I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

4 Likes

I can’t help but nice to see you!

Hi Anne, Thank you. I hope all is well with you and your family!

1 Like

We are doing well!

1 Like

If my memory serves me well @honojane has made an albino doll.

3 Likes

Here’s Helen’s from April 2017

7 Likes

She’s beautiful!

1 Like

Hi Skylar good to see you drop in. I have never reborned an albino either. I am still working on my first caucasian, lol. I have not been reborning much either as I got ill and had to have surgery. I am better and slowly getting back. Wish you well, enjoy that grandbaby, they are so precious and grow up so fast. Hope someone with Albino experience will chime in and save the day.

Take care

1 Like

I’ve been chewing this over and have an idea of how I would go about it but I want to hear the experts weigh in. Following!

1 Like

Thank you! It’s good to hear you are getting better. As much as I love her, I live for the weekends, lol. Take care of yourself and take it easy!

I’m all ears!

1 Like

Here’s is one I did, I didn’t plan on him being Albino, but I was told he looked it. :heart::kissing_heart:

3 Likes

What paints did you use?

1 Like

I really have no idea what I’m talking about but if I were going to try to make an albino baby- I would do layers of white washes slightly tinted with pink and mint to build a base as white as possible. I’d do mottling in a couple of shades of pink/lavender and then rounds of very thin primaries going very lightly with the yellow until I had the skin tone I wanted. I might try it one of these days to see if it works!

I hope we hear from someone who knows how to do this :slight_smile: Keep me posted on your progress, I’m very curious!

2 Likes

He’s a cutie!

1 Like

Here’s a few pics of real albino babies The skin looks pinkish with very white hair.

4 Likes

Helen’s albino baby reminds me of an Asian albino woman who came into a place where I worked once. She had the most porcelain white skin and the longest snowy white hair. She was pretty.

1 Like

I didn’t plan for my Tacy to be albino but when I finished her she looked a little bit like it.

7 Likes

This sounds interesting, Thank You!

I used the basic undertones directly onto vinyl, no skin color, I mix blue and a purple and add your thinner, and lightly pounce, then I just did my yellow wash, light green wash, and wherever I liked I did a rosary wash like on cheeks , I don’t have any certain colors I just mix my own😊

3 Likes