How to make magnetic paci

what do you guys use to cover the magnet and glue on the paci? Can I see what your magnetic pacis look like if you’ve made your own?

1 Like

I haven’t made any (yet, the magnets haven’t arrived), but felt seems to be the most popular option, followed closely by moleskin. I think a thin piece of flannel would work nicely as well.

I use baby print flannel.

1 Like

I use mole skin… but prefer honeybug pacifiers (the magnet goes into the handle)

3 Likes

I use flannel generally. Or any soft scrap fabric I have that is white or light colored.

1 Like

I glue the magnet on with super glue and cover it with moleskin. I found the felt didn’t stick as well for me and it’s not s soft as moleskin against the lips. I like the idea of the honeybug pacifiers but sometimes, depending on the shape of the baby’s mouth, they don’t sit straight and I don’t like them to tilt down toward the chin.

2 Likes

I use a small circle of felt, the same size as the magnet. I don’t cover it all the way. Or I use honeybug pacis.

I think Ill have to look into buying some moleskin.
I uses soft flannel fabric that I have left over from making braided dog toys.

1 Like

I’ve use a little piece of felt [quote=“Matryoshka, post:2, topic:65788”]
haven’t
[/quote]

1 Like

I use felt flesh color or white and attach with e6000, cut to the shape of the pacifier. I don’t make them ahead because of the polarity difference of each baby. I prefer the Honeybug pacifier and try to buy those when on sale.:footprints::baby:

I glue the magnet first and white felt on the paci. I make them ahead of time when time allows because I use a Dummy paci so all the polarity is the same for all my babies. Easy peasy

1 Like

Where do you get rolls of moleskin? I’ve only ever seen the packages of little rectangular pieces.

I bought mine online. I couldn’t find it in any of the stores. Just google moleskin on a roll.

Drugstore–with the stuff for feet- like orthotics

I couldn’t find it here-tried Walmart, RiteAid, Walgreen’s, Target and Long’s. None of them had it in the store. They all had the small packages but none on a roll.

I use flannel over my magnets because its very thin and soft.

1 Like

Thanks everyone, I’m heading to the big web to look for the roll of moleskin. It’s the best thing ever!

I’d like to find some locally to try and see if I like it. Would love to stop buying the plugs for the kits but they do make it so easy. Fill and plug lol

I cut of the nipple, drill hole the size of the magnet, glue the magnet in with E6000 and cover it with small piece of white or pink felt.

2 Likes

I found the rolls of adhesive moleskin on Amazon (amazon france). Maybe its on amazon.com as well.

1 Like