How to disconnect a ball jointed doll

Hey everybody!
I recently bought a Nicole doll by Natali Blick, ball jointed
But her eye had dropped a little, so i want to reposition her eye, and give her rooted lashes (instead of the glued ones she had now).
But ive only made normal reborns…so does anyone know how to disconnect the head from het torso? Im a virgin when i comes to ball jointed haha…

Lift the hooked end off the end of the tube. It’s not the disconnecting that’s the prob lol it’s the man handling the beastly part to get it together :rofl::rofl::rofl:

You can prob take off her head without messing with the arms.

The tube that connects her head should accessible through the hole in the bottom of her chest?

1 Like

As @PhotographyForLife said. Put her hair in a ponytail then cover all of her hair with a net or cap to keep it from getting mangled while you’re working on her.

2 Likes

Take off the body, you can access it through the hole in the bottom of the torso. There will be a vertical tube in there with a thick elastic hooked to the end of it. Undo that hook and the head should come off. Try not to lose the end of the elastic inside the head.
It’s probably easiest to get one of those hook tools to undo and redo it.

Oh, and for your own sanity. Leave the arms on. They’re nearly impossible to put on.

2 Likes

Those hook tools are useless. They’re just not strong enough. I used a Tunisian crochet hook. They’re really long, very strong and won’t bend.

1 Like

I put Gabriella Schick together all by myself with that hook tool, lol. That was determination. :smile:

2 Likes

My hook tool didn’t bend at all. I put Aloenka and Tiffany Lippl together with it.

2 Likes

Thanks ladies!! It worked! Now mentally preparing myself for putting back together haha… i only took off the head like recommended, varnished her arms, they were extremely shiny.
Does anyone know how long the drying time is for ultra matte varnish (the bottle)? Air dry

I usually wait a couple of days before assembling.

1 Like