How much did you ask for your first sale?

This is the first baby I sold. My asking price was $350. She was my 3rd baby. The man who bought it for his wife paid cash without batting an eye. It was very encouraging for me.

000_0057

17 Likes

The first one I sold was my 10th reborn and I sold her for $200

13 Likes

Is it bad that I don’t remember the first baby I sold lol when I first started reborning I started right off doing customs. I did mostly a custom painted kit service for $75. My customs were around $175-225. My first ever that I sold in my “own vision” was Liam by Marissa May for $280.

Edit: Thinking back, I think she may have been my first reborn I sold actually. She was definitely about my 4th or 5th reborn.

13 Likes

My first and only one I have sold was Priscilla. I sold her for $160. $60 for the cost of the kit and $100 to paint it.

13 Likes

The first baby I sold was Libby, but I only made what I spent on her as she was a family friend. The the first baby I made a profit from was my 3rd reborn Fei Yen and he was $275. Both pics are from their parents.

8 Likes

I don’t have any photos but my first baby I sold for $113 and the second one I sold for $250 lol

2 Likes

I kept my first, but baby number two went for $300. This picture melts my heart. He was a christmas gift and his mommy adores him.

8 Likes

I didn’t sell any one yet, but it’s a good topic to follow. My question would be: if I will average prices on reborns.com between lowest and highest for that kit minus no experience as a beginner, would it be a right approach? But on an other side to build the ‘portfolio’ on reborns.com would it be better to price low and sell quicker?

My first one ever sold was for $170 it was not a realborn but I for the life of me cannot remember which sculpt it was I do know it was an AA boy his mommy went on to buy a little girl as well so he could have a sister .

3 Likes

My first sold in 2002 for $150

4 Likes

My first, and quite a few that followed, were given away. Most of them definitely should have been because they were pretty bad. My first sale was a year later for $250.

4 Likes

My first was Puddin and he sold for $50

1 Like

nothing, I gave her to my Aunt <3… My second one I sold for exact price of supplies. I did that for awhile, figured it was a lot cheaper than a real school, and taught myself that way :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The first (and only) I sold was my first (and also only lol) completed baby, she went for around $100 - all in all it worked out to being around $10 in actual profit, but that didn’t matter since I was so shocked anyone actually purchased her at all!

4 Likes

Jade was my first sale. I think she was my 3rd or 4th baby that I made. She sold for $170CAD. She was a baldie

9 Likes

I have not sold any but my first custom was my first baby and went to my oldest daughter she paid for the kit and a few others including the one she wants for the Hulk.

Before he turned as he was bitten. :wink:

4 Likes

I sold my first one for $140. He was David by Tina Kewey and he came free with MacPhearson’s starter kit. Bless it, he was not pretty…