How long should I wait?

I write out all my terms in my paypal invoices and state that by paying the invoice, they are accepting my terms. I also make my terms very clear beforehand and make sure that they are understood and agreed to before even sending an invoice. I don’t have a formal written contract, but I think setting out your terms in paypal is very important.

1 Like

Yes, send one “Final Request” for payment of the balance, let her know that she has until December 15th to make the final payment. I think 3 months is plenty of time to have worked out any situation or at least to have let you know she has changed her mind.

I’d send one last email, but if she doesn’t respond to that, then sell the baby. You put money and time into this baby doll, you deserve to get that back. Believe it or not, I had someone try to do that to me, in this case without a deposit–after that, I began insisting on deposits. Anyway, I went ahead and made the doll…told the client that the doll was ready…and frankly she didn’t pay. Which I was surprised about because she was supposedly so excited about the doll.

Three days later, I dunno why, but I decided to do a search for reborn dolls on ebay. I saw a doll that looked alot like the one I had made. Then I enlarged the picture and it was the doll that I had made! She used the pictures I had SENT her to make a listing on EBAY! And she’d marked UP the doll by at least $70.00 plus shipping! Since she didn’t put in a deposit, I went ahead and told her that I refused to sell to her. I’d have given her 3 months to pay for the doll, but because she decided to sell the doll (who knows if she’d have actually SENT it or not), I realized that she was just using me and decided never again to take an order from that particular client.

In your case, that’s probably not what happened but…if she doesn’t send the money soon, I’d sell the doll. One last email is reasonable;) Good luck–hope that she comes through for you. And if not, Hope the baby sells really quickly for you so it can be a surprise for someone’s Christmas;)

Dawn, that’s incredible! Thankfully, you discovered what was going on.

@Judym, I apologize for bringing my issue into your topic. I should have just made my own topic on my own discussion, so please forgive me. I didn’t know that it would cause some “confusion” on behalf of others. I thought that it was somewhat of a similar situation so I was just expressing from a angle of empathy. Next time I know not to “intrude” on topics that I myself did not start. The fact that I am new to forums and such I guess I was “out of line” according to ludmila. It won’t happen again.