How Do You Price Your Babies

All my babies have been done for my own
pleasure and I have never sold any.
However I have someone who has fallen in love
with one of my babies and wants to buy one.
I know I need the amount to make the baby
reimbursed .But how do you figure a fair and
equitable price for the work .

I do not have a set limit. I get back what I have in it and then a fee based off of how good of a job I think it is. Some I price just enough to cover cost’s those are the ones I do not like the sculpt or fill like I did not do a good enough job to make them look their best. Others I may love the way they turn out so I list a little higher hoping to be able to keep them around a little longer.

5 Likes

Sounds reasonable and yes I have the thing about loving some more than others
as well .I don’t plan on getting rich off of one I just want to be fair to both the buyer and myself.

2 Likes

The best info I can give you is to look at what dolls similar to yours are selling for on eBay, reborns.com and price yours accordingly.

4 Likes

Thanks both of you for helping both are good advise , I will have to go have a look see on EBAY after while when I have time to get back on line.
I appreciate the help

1 Like

An easy way is to add up ALL the costs-vinyl parts, body, hair ,eyes weighting/stuffing materials, paint, clothing, bottle, magnets and accessories and double it.

1 Like

An easy way is to add up ALL the costs-vinyl parts, body, hair ,eyes weighting/stuffing materials, paint, clothing, bottle, magnets and accessories and double it.

1 Like

Wow ! a reply button just wanted to check in and thank everyone for your replies .Think I have a better idea
now on how to price my baby .
Thanks again