How are your sales?

Wow Sonja! I’m awed!!! Congratulations.

1 Like

Helen, thanks for asking this question. I was starting to think I was the only one not selling, although I have seen lots of lovely babies on reborns that have been there for a while.

I have 2 listed and one that I’m almost finished painting. 6 days before Christmas a lady contacted me about buying my Precious Gift but I could not guarantee delivery in 5 days so lost that sale. It might have made it on time, but with customs to cross, I could not chance it. She could have arrived late and she could file a claim with pp and what a mess it could have been. Especially since I was leaving for vacation, too.

I know it can take a while to sell these babies, unless you are pricing low, so I’m prepared to wait a while, but it sure would be nice to sell one soon. I don’t know about you ladies, but when it has been a while my self confidence suffers (at least, in the reborning area). No matter if I get compliments and past customers saying nice things, it still makes you wonder if you are doing something wrong. So I go over my listing. Nitpicking, changing the pic order, etc. Sigh…

4 Likes

I didn’t sell one either in January. Hope it picks up in Feb.

1 Like

Oh good I thought it was just my newbie babies not selling. I mean I’m not happy you ladies aren’t having sales either I’m just glad there’s not something wrong with me/mine. I sold 4 but mine are under $200 as I’m a beginner. I have my twins listed for $200 or $390 for both, each as I painted a lot extra and they are a little bigger. I’m really hoping to get some reviews only one of my people have left a review and I think it helps when people can see that others are happy with you. So I guess comparatively I’m not doing too bad I just wish I was selling more but hey don’t we all!

1 Like

Haven’t sold anything listed for the past two months except a few pairs of doll eyes. :disappointed:

1 Like

That is EXACTLY why I wrote this question. I knew if lots of people were feeling like I am then things were probably just slow and I could relax.

5 Likes

I’ve sold 4 crochet outfits in January. Three were requests from friends with reborns. One was a special order.

I’ve not sold any dolls so I can’t weigh in there. But it’s been busy for clothes for sure

2 Likes

May I ask, for those of you on reborns.com, what amount of “clicks” do your babies get in a day? Also, are you gold, silver or bronze?

I was just wondering what the average amount of clicks is for babies listed on reborns.com, but I do realize it can be affected by whether you are paying for gold, silver or bronze membership as gold gets the most exposure so it must increase the chances of being “clicked”.

1 Like

I am a gold member. I did well at silver too but like the extra exposure. (Which reminds me, I better go pay for my subscription!) I get, on an average, about 40 clicks per day I’d say. The first day or so I get lots. Later it slowly tapers down as people get familiar with the dolls.

3 Likes

Just went and looked it up so I could answer ~ Gold level & my Gemma gets 69.3 clicks per day for 16 days; apparently no one wants her, even though she is “favorited” by 2. Alrighty then. :confused:

2 Likes

Some of mine get more clicks. Some less. But it only takes one person to buy a baby so I don’t worry about it.

4 Likes

@honojane and @kareninflorida
Thanks for responding.

I’m gold too and at first, my babies got clicks in the high 40s or 50s each day if I remember correctly, now my Ben is down to around 21 (he’s was the first one I posted on reborns) and Precious Gift is getting around 26/day. My prices aren’t super low, but shipping is included whether in the US or Canada so there are no surprises.

Just wondering what the general level of exposure/interest is on reborns, ya know? Just been with them for 2 months and at first I didn’t list anything immediately as I was getting some other stuff done so it hasn’t been super long. But with the Canadian exchange rate it eats up any money you’ll make fast, especially considering cost of shipping and the extras I include. I paid around 44 % on the dollar today when I renewed my subscription! Was over 28$ for a month.Consider that about a year ago we were paying in the 20s in exchange for the same goods and in the past even less, and you see how much it can hurt your margins. The longer I wait, the closer I’ll get to just recovering cost of making it. I’m grateful that I don’t rely on the reborn income to eat, but it would be nice to be able to recover cost and a bit extra for my work.

My oven decided it was going to freak out last night. The automatic shut off does not work and thank God I always use a separate timer and saw the thing just kept cooking or my sealed baby head, ready to be rooted, might have melted. Woooo! wipes sweat off forehead At least it still bakes, it seems it’s the timer that just doesn’t shut it off anymore. I have to find my warrantee and see if I’m still covered.

1 Like

I sold every baby I made last year on reborns.com. I had tons of exposure and lots of offers to do customs. (which I don’t do.) I love it there. It works perfectly for me. Well, except for January…no sales at all. I just figure nobody has any money right now. I have said before that I think reborns works best for lower priced dolls right now, but I would love to see that change!

4 Likes

I agree ~ I’ve sold every baby I’ve ever listed there. Until now. LOL

I think this time of year is tough for most of us. Maybe when people get their tax refunds things will pick up again. Seems we go through this every year. Things might get better in the Spring and then we could have a summer slump and then BAM! the Christmas selling season will be upon us again. I want to be a bit better prepared for that this year.

I’m always surprised to see ANY of my babies sell, to be honest; there are over 1500 of them listed on reborns.com now. The site is really growing!

2 Likes

Although January is a quiet month for retail, especially for luxury items, it does seem quiet there right now. Might be the economy. My husband’s workplace has been letting some people go and I’m sure they aren’t the only place downsizing.

1 Like

@kareninflorida Where do you see how many babies are for sale? Since we are only 62 artists there right now, 1500 babies available seems high. We’d have to have an average of 24 babies available each. I have 2 and some ladies only have 1 or none. Perhaps 1500 is including sold babies?

2 Likes

I think that includes all the babies listed. Many of those are already sold.

http://www.reborns.com/

Right on the same orange line where it says just born…1,498 babies on Reborns

Can you see it? I wondered, too, where they came up with that figure…suppose they count the ones that are sold and in nurseries? Like I think I have 27 in my “nursery” but all are sold but 1.

Not sure how they arrived at that figure. Two less now, though, from 1500…LOL…less competition, right?! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

It now says 1460. It’s probably affected by when your subscription ends and you pay a few hours later, or if some removes a baby or account.

I guess he thinks it sounds more impressive than listing the number actually available.

2 Likes

Congrats, Helen! I see you sold one!

3 Likes