Help with Emmy please!

I have put the glass beads up to ankles and wrists and stuffed the arms and one leg. The bent leg I cant seem to get stuffed tightly enough. How do you get stuffing down in there? Secondly, How do you weight that big ole body? How much weight do you use? Do you use one big bag/nylon or multiple? 2, 3,10, how many? I have done Cookie and Cuddles and don’t remember them being this tough. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!
Paula

2 Likes

If you keep adding stuffing and pushing it with the tool that sometimes comes in the stuffing, won’t it go down?

When I did Katie Marie, I used 3 different sets of nylon stockings. One in the bum then two smaller ones on either side in the shoulders so the head and arms could be supported better. If you make the arms particularly to heavy they will “sag” and look unnatural. I used the little stick they typically put in the poly-fil bags to push the stuffing down inside of the limbs. I used the the pipe insulation also to support the head. I had asked about about weighing toddlers and got some very good advice.

3 Likes

Thank you Cierra. I knew someone could help me. I guess I just have to keep working on that bent leg…having a hard time making that curve.

If you don’t have that little stick you can use a chopstick.

I generally add glass beads up to the knees and elbows. Then I stuff with cluster stuff and if I have trouble getting the stuffing in, I use a narrow wooden dowel to push it down. The end of a long paint brush works too :smile:
Oh just realized your working on a toddler. Beads to the knees and elbows would make her one heavy girl I’m sure :laughing: