Help,what do I tell them?

hi girls, if anyone could advise me what to do !! Well, a client bought me alexa a few months ago today she sent me an email that is losing her hair in the back, and she asks me how much I would charge her? Could she root herself sealed with mop podge?

1 Like

I wonder why she is losing the hair? I would ask her to send very clear photos so you can see if it is breaking off or falling out? I touched up rooting on a baby that the owner had had for about 6 years and the child had basically “worn” some off with dressing, undressing, and playing with her (she was about 11 when she got her). I charged $100 to root the bald spot in back and at the front hairline. They paid postage. If you decide to do it, just have them snip the cable tie and empty the head. Then you return it with a new cable tie. Good luck!

6 Likes

She is a good client, she always sends me photos with new clothes, they change it very often, I will ask for pictures and I share them

2 Likes

1 Like

the mohair is from angora mohtique

1 Like

Antes

@PutABonnetOnIt

1 Like

I had one doll that got a bald spot like that for no apparent reason. It wasn’t being handled or changed, just sitting in an infant seat. Someone here said in might be bugs but I just don’t know.

1 Like

My Presley that i rooted is losing his hair also. On him the hair is breaking off. I dont even handle him. He is always sitting in one spot and has had a hat on the whole time. Could him being in the hat cause the hair to break off? Makes me wonder considering he is very rarely picked up or changed or just being handled in general

I had the same thing happen to a doll, but I have no idea why! The doll was not played with or handled in any way, only on display on a high shelf. I picked her up to change her clothes and saw an area of thinning hair.

My house is clean, I’ve never seen any bugs or anything, but my pest control guy told me one time he thought I might have carpet beetles. I completely forgot about it until now…

What is a carpet beetle?? :scream: I don’t like bugs :frowning:

I have no idea. Never have seen one. Lol He said that after moving a couch. The carpet near the wall was frayed, so that was his guess.

1 Like

I purchased Ping Lau’s Emilia from an artist and her hair so fine and soft it’s constantly messy. I am extremely gentle and fix it only once in a great while.I contacted the artist to find out what type of hair it was and was told it was slumberland. Could it be that it is just so fine that combing could pull or break it off? I can totally see that with mine.

It doesn’t look like it broke off, but it looks like it is just gone (as in fell out or pulled out). If this is an excellent repeat customer, the I would offer to try to fill in the thinned spots free or for a very minimal charge to cover the cost of the mohair. Could be once you have checked inside the head that the vinyl is thick in the bald spots and the hair didn’t come all the was through the vinyl so the glue could grab the hair?

2 Likes

she has bought me two babies. One question, is it difficult to root with mop podge already dry inside the head? and as you see the photos, should I just make the bald pieces or the whole head?

I do not know what happened!! :tired_face:I do not remember having looked inside the head and checked if the vinyl went completely in those parts now I am really worried I do not know if that will happen in all the rooted babies​:frowning:

Well - now you will have a chance to look!

Yes,thank’s :hugs:

1 Like

Silverfish will ‘eat’ the hair and eyelashes off of the babies. I had one baby and I thought “hey, I don’t remember cutting her eyelashes SO Short”, yep, you got it----silverfish ate them!!

1 Like

I think there is a kind of mite that eats mohair, too.