Help picking a kit (that sells)

Does WalMart have the service of ordering online and picking it up at the store, free shipping?

2 Likes

You should be able to order from Walmart.com and have it sent straight to the store. You can pick it up at the store with no shipping cost

3 Likes

I’d have to pay shipping on that and it would be expensive.
@Jacelyn5440 they do have that service however even online they don’t sell preemie sizes.

From the US? I wouldn’t imagine that would be free lol I don’t live very close to the US so it’s always expensive

Wherever your Walmart gets its stock from. I would imagine they have a warehouse in Canada.

1 Like

Put him in newborn clothes…cute when they are alittle big on them :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sure, I ordered from walmart recently and it came from Quebec I believe. But they don’t have preemie.

I would do that but it doesn’t look good IMO when the clothes are that big. I have Tink brown who is the same size and he’s way too small and looks bad in newborn.

Walmart Canada has all this under “preemie” with ship to store for free. If you search “preemie clothes” it doesn’t pull up much. But just “preemie” gets quite a bit.
https://www.walmart.ca/search/preemie%20

Every time I’ve searched it’s all sold out of the preemie sizes but they’re still listed.
I’ll consider the kit, I guess but I’m still not sure. I’m so discouraged by now that I want to quit and just be done with it

1 Like

They have some really cute ones! I have to keep that in mind when I do a small baby. I have seen Preemie at one of our WalMarts, but not the other. But, this is perfect!

1 Like
1 Like

Don’t get discouraged yet. It’s just rough timing. But in another week or so, Americans will start getting tax refunds. I don’t know how taxes work in Canada. But here, people can get $8000 or more. They tend to blow it all on frivolous stuff as soon as they get it. :wink:

4 Likes

I’m counting on that too lol

None of mine are listed where they can be bought by anyone other than locally. I really don’t have the extra for shipping and I don’t personally like reborns.com. I’ve never had any issue selling locally and I know that’s not the issue. One has been listed since September and I’m ready to just throw him in the garbage and be done. Looking at kits is making me mad now, I’m just tired of the stress.

You might need to broaden your horizons. The customers pay shipping. It’s a lot easier to get packages from Canada to US than the other way around. I don’t mind buying things from Canada. Most wont mind if they really want the doll.

2 Likes

Right but I have to already have money in my account and most of the time I don’t. I hate paying fo a membership when I’m not guaranteed a sale, it feels like a waste of money. As I said, I don’t have any other income than this and I don’t make that much on my dolls.

2 Likes

Not that it will make you feel better but mine take forever to sell and I mean forever. It seems that realborns are the only ones really selling and personally I am not drawn to them. The really almost all look the same to me. I like the character babies. Maybe it’s my painting, maybe it’s the kits I choose. Like others have said give it a while. The sales may pick up.

It’s been 6 months lol I’ve tried being patient and it doesn’t work. I wouldn’t be bothered if I had a mountain of kits to paint but I have 0.

1 Like

I sold one this Christmas that I had listed for 3 YEARS! I am sorry that you are frustrated. This art/hobby/job should be fun but it can give us stress. If you have alot invested I would really think about just trying to hang in a while.

1 Like