Help needed with weighting body with armature

@YelenaRey

@Msmimi04 I have the Quads and I will be watching what you do. So far you have no weight in the head, Glass beads in the feet and legs to the knee. You need a pool noodle in her neck head area. Only polyfil in her body. What about her arms?

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Glass beads in feet, about 2 inches above ankle, rest filled with polyfil

Glass beads in arm, about 1 inch BELOW the elbow, rest filled with polyfil

No glass beads in body, as of now, only polyfil

Head only filled with polyfil.

Thank you for the cable tie link.

1 Like

I wrote it down and am putting it with them in the bin, thank you very much!

1 Like

Her head is not attached at the present. So once attached it might need to be adjusted. I gonna go get the tubing tomorrow to place in her. Iā€™ll let you know how it work out.

2 Likes

You can actually open ties that have been closed the right way by using something really small and flat to press down the ā€œbuttonā€ part of the tie. It can be a bit fiddly though, especially when itā€™s fixed on the body, putting it in backwards is much easier :slightly_smiling_face:.

3 Likes

I did not know that, i always cut them and trash them. Glad to know, I will have to try that next time

1 Like

This is why I thought that itā€™s such a nice trick!

I went to dollar tree n they didnā€™t have any of the swim noodles. I went to Home Depot n brought this pipe cover. Has any one used this? I gotta get my son to cut it down the middle to put it on the armature.

2 Likes

Looks like it is perfect, hope it works

1 Like

I used a plastic pipe like that in a doll whose head wouldnā€™t stay up and kept flopping about. I got a piece of pipe almost the exact size of the head hole, pushed it half way in then pushed the other half into the body with stuffing all around. Head stayed perfectly upright afterwards.

2 Likes

She has an armature. I need to have part of it cut to fit over the armature.