Has this happened before... Is it normal

I bought an Alexia kit from Poppen Traumlandand the tops of the legs weren’t open except for a small slit and tiny hole… Am I supposed to cut these open or try and fill the legs through it?

1 Like

can you post a photo?

2 Likes

Yes, I had some like that. I just cut the hole large enough to get in a funnel in to pour the glass beads in and then used chop stick to push in the polyfiber.

2 Likes

Please tell me how to post a photo… I have text to figure it out… Thanks loads… Oh and I didn’t get plugs for the limbs… As many videos I have seen don’t bother with them…

Wen you press reply to post your comment. Look just above the box where youre typing and theres a little icon with an arrow point upwards. That’s the upload icon. You can also copy and past a photo and not use the upload feature.

1 Like

1 Like

Thanks both of you… Working on my tablet I don’t have as many features… So glad to see that button… I will take some pic’s and post them…

4 Likes

I have a kit just like that. I was planning on cutting a hole large enough to fit my funnel so I can fill the limbs. I also want the hole to be big enough to fit my drying rack. I would just use an exacto knife and cut carefully.

2 Likes

Thanks… I kind of figured I would have to do that… Strange that the arms were completely fine… I asked this somewhere else but so far no response… Is there a tutorial anywhere for a female chest plates? I want to be sure to get all her bits, and umbilical cord as realistic as possible… I noticed anyone using a gender correct doll needs to cover the bits on YouTube because of nudity rules…

I was playing around with a spare breast plate last night… Checking out my new LDC paints… I was mixing a blue wash for the first layer… I mixed it according to the instructions but got such a heavy blue color I wouldn’t have even used it for veining… I added extra water and the other medium needed for these paints but it took nearly 3 times as much in order to get it translucent enough that I would even want to try on my doll part… If I learned nothing else from watching videos is that you need to work in very thin layers… And build up… If I had put it on the recommended mix I would have a very dark blue smurf…

Here is a WIP… I have just added a second blue wash to my tummy plate… It is still wet but will take a dryer pic to follow… So far… (hoping the lighting is good enough to see…) is this what I should be seeing at this point… Should my next layer be a flesh tone?

Dryer pic…

1 Like

Never had one like that, I would cut it big enough to put your glass beads in and your poly fiber , I’d be careful cutting I would probably screw up and take a chunk out, ha ha.I guess that one wasn’t inspected by the #1 inspector.

1 Like

I will be very careful… Probably only cutting enough to fill the leg… I didn’t get plugs so they don’t need to fit in… I chose not to use plugs because I have seen many tutorials where they do not use them… The fiberfill holds the beads in place and packed well enough won’t/shouldn’t come loose… I too am afraid to make the full cut… I won’t take any chances with my baby…

I don’t use plugs either I cut white felt and glue the circles on.:smiley_cat:

Nifty idea… I will add that to my tips… Thanks loads :0)

Some people use moleskin also, cut into a circle and stick it on, the backside is already sticky. :slight_smile: Just peel the paper stuff off

1 Like

Another to add to my bag of tricks… I absolutely love you guys… I get so much information… I couldn’t imagine starting out years ago when there wasn’t this wealth of information out there… I even have a great lady on YouTube from Miracle Babies Nursery who is going to create a breast plate tutorial for me…

1 Like

Here is another WIP shot… Poor thing looks like it has the measles… Stupid rookie mistake I forgot to blot my sponge first… Will this eventually tone down once I start adding skin color? Or should I try to wipe it off and redo it?