Hair turned white?

I was painting hair on Naomi and making the regular mixture I use for painting brows and hair (thinning medium, brow brown, some odorless thinner), it looked great when I painted it on, but I let it dry a bit before doing the other side of her head and it has turned white! I don’t know what happened, did my thinning medium go bad or something? I’ve never had this happen before. She’s caused me so much trouble the whole time I’ve been painting her I’m considering just stripping her…

5 Likes

My thinning medium turns a whitish color when it flashes off.
I would wipe it off.
I dont do painted hair with thinning medium at all. I use in on creases sometimes, and lips. I do not let it flash off all the way before baking.

2 Likes

Okay, thank you! I’ve never had this happen before when I’ve let it dry so I was really worried.

Because of how thinning medium acts is why I stopped using it a few years ago. It would go chalky on me at times, was unpredictable, no matter how I mixed it.

2 Likes

I hate thinning medium. It was taking pain off for me also. :frowning: I stopped using it long time ago.

3 Likes

Looks like great baby hairs though :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

What do you use with your painted hair? And what do you mean as in flash?

1 Like

I used brow brown once on eyebrows and it turned bright orange! It was awful!

3 Likes

air dry before baking
I think it is when the paint thinners evaporate. Not exactly sure if it is the same with thinning medium, but can visibly see that it doesnt look as wet/shiny

I use prisma pencil most the time, when I paint hair though I use paint thinner and ghsp

2 Likes

It looks like you have a good blonde base. If you didn’t have your heart set on dark hair maybe you should just roll with it.

4 Likes

I would but I think her skin tone wouldn’t fit with it, she’s got more of a hispanic tone.

Well darn too bad you couldn’t turn all that work into something that would work for her.

1 Like