Hair painting practice

I’ve seen some pretty impressive hair painting on here. So I’ve been practicing. It’s nowhere near as good as you all but hopefully I’ll improve.

11 Likes

You gotta start somewhere! I think you’re doing well. <3

3 Likes

Practice makes perfect, very good start.:+1:

1 Like

Practice is the key !

You’re having a good start !

10 Likes

I started painting hair after discovering I hated rooting and feeling like penciling hair just wasn’t working for me, I couldn’t get enough depth.

I have to say it took a lot of practice to get where I was feeling ok about it.

I had to get all zen with the paintbrush.

It’s a progression, don’t give up and don’t be afraid to experiment, you can always wipe it of and go again, and again, and again.

3 Likes

I’m painting hair right now!

2 Likes

Great start! So far, I have only rooted hair. I am intimidated by painting hair. I know I will work up to it one day.

2 Likes

I’ve always dreaded rooting and now my arthritis makes it too hard.

2 Likes

I tried painting hair on a practice head over and over, it was awful. :sob:

2 Likes

Hi Gina what brushes do you use if you don’t mind my asking?

2 Likes

Although I don’t reborn, I’d be extremely hesitant to start poking holes in something I’d painted. I also rather like the way painted hair wears better in the long run and doesn’t get messed up while interacting with a doll.

2 Likes

Looking good Natalie!

I understand about arthritis. I don’t know how much longer I will be able to keep rooting hair.

1 Like

Thanks Julie…

You’re doing a great job!!

1 Like

Painting hair is the hardest part for me!
Practice, practice, practice!

1 Like

just regular flat brushes, cheapies, that I cut up with scissors, I just try to make it look like rake, or really bad fringe. I also use a nail art brush for the fine hairs, a long one like a signature brush. Nothing fancy.

Thanks appreciate it. I do cut some of my brushes too.