Getting attached to your reborns

I read alot of posts about getting attached to your reborns. Is it just me or anyone else when I say that I enjoy making them and not keeping them. I play with them for a couple of days and I am ready to send them on their way

1 Like

Well, I think I’m tempted to keep my WIP (Tatiana) by Reva Schick, unless I get REALLY GOOD MONEY for her.
Right now she’s painted right down to her freckles but I’m working on her body & will be rooting her hair - I will be using human hair on her but to select a color here she is in a golden blonde wig

TATIANA
Explore Ginnylee2653

and here’s my other keeper when I get around to reborning her Winnie by Emily Jameson (reborned by Beatrix Schroeder)
NOT MY WORK, but it is the photo that made me purchase her last year and I can dream!

Explore Ginnylee2653

She is a sweet person - I really liked dealing with her and I’ll have to check out the belly plates - I probably should have bought it from her earlier. I want to check out her newest too - thanks for the heads up!

I just went to look and the new baby is Adelynne - she’s cute, but looks a bit dolly to me, but then I check the other photos and I think she has great potential. I love Winnie’s frowns and expression though, so she is still my favorite Emily Jameson

— Begin quote from “Jillybeansnursery”

— Begin quote from “Ginnylee”

She is a sweet person - I really liked dealing with her and I’ll have to check out the belly plates - I probably should have bought it from her earlier. I want to check out her newest too - thanks for the heads up!

I just went to look and the new baby is Adelynne - she’s cute, but looks a bit dolly to me, but then I check the other photos and I think she has great potential. I love Winnie’s frowns and expression though, so she is still my favorite Emily Jameson

— End quote

Yes, Adelynne. I thought the same thing when I saw her first proto-type, then Emily showed us her actual clay sculpt of her and I liked her. She sort of reminds me of a sleeping version of sweet Cheeks, their little noses look similar.

I dont remember what artist did the work, but I was in awe when I saw the AA version proto type of Adelynne, she is amazing.

Yes, Emily is a sweetheart. Hers was actually one of the first belly plates I tried. I had just started reborning and was asking what belly plates every one liked the best and Emily had me try one of hers. I have tried several different ones since, but I dont like any so far as much as hers.

Her plumpie rumpies make the sweetest little baby tushies!!

Winnie is very cute!! I keep meaning to get her while Emily still has a few left. I better get my butt on her site and get mine before they are all gone, I believe she is LE.

— End quote

Yes, she is a ltd edition of 200 (?) I think

I’ve sold all mine but 2, the first one I made, Libby, and my Cooper, I just couldn’t part with. I do pick sculpts that I love and that I would want to keep but I’m OK with letting them go. I still miss my little Spencer, it was hard to let him go but I have another one to do that I will keep. I think I would have a really hard time doing a kit that I didn’t like, never tried that. I do love looking at all the babies, there are definitely some that I would love to buy, I have bought other artist’s babies who are my keepers as well.

I don’t keep any, but the one I really wanted to keep was Libby. I really loved her a lot

I’ve gotten attached to a few that I wasn’t expecting to and not fallen in love with some I thought that I would love. Still looking for kits though so there is always room for more! I really love my scarlet and yes, I need to name him, my Lucy with hubby’s hair is another keeper. Trying to decide whether to sell Elsie after all. So I guess I never know which ones will steal my heart and how long they keep it for!

I don’t have a single reborn - odd, because I started reborning to begin with because I was disappointed with a purchase. I really like making them, though! Maybe one day I’ll keep one (or more likely buy one from somebody else).

1 Like