Fx ladies!

Idk how to copy a youtube link but go on and look up melissa george’s tutorial on using the fx paints to paint a fairy. She literally shows every step and exactly how much of what she uses. Its about 25min long but so worth the watch!

7 Likes

Going to see if I can find it thx

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing! Great video

1 Like

She’s an amazing lady, I agree. :slight_smile:

Here’s the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naRpmOX-raU

3 Likes

Amazing Amy does it again. Thanks!

1 Like

Thx @AmyR777 she moves so fast in it hard to see what she is doing, and by writin instructions looks like she doesn’t use water to often? I have been looking for the page where I found x drops of paint to x drops of slow dry and x drops of water but I haven’t found it again :sob: I know it will be trail n error but dang I hate ruining a baby my perfection gene gets whacked out :expressionless:

2 Likes

I love how she uses her hand to dab off excess paint. I have been known to do that!

2 Likes

I thought she was using it as her palate lol

1 Like

Ah thanks Amy! I’m about as far from tech savvy as can be lol. I can type. Thats almost my extent

1 Like

You’ll get there! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh my goodness yes! I so want to paint like MG!

I was curious about the slow dry. I haven’t tried FX yet but have used two other air dry paints. By the time I have painted all the vinyl pieces, I am ready to start over because the first piece is already dry. So I wondered why she used so much of the slow dry if she would need to use a dryer to dry it before moving on. I certainly would not question her because she is the professional and I am NOT. I also dont understand the chemistry behind it all.

1 Like

on second thought…maybe I will question her. She is the one who could explain it to me. :smiley: I think I’ll send her a message now.

2 Likes

Lol good idea

I sent her a message on FB. Hopefully I’ll hear back from her soon. I know she is a busy lady.

1 Like

I sent her a message on FB. Hopefully I’ll hear back from her soon. I know she is a busy lady.

She does…and her thumb nail as well…lol I have been to paint with Melissa and her mom, Deb at her mothers house back in 2011. She was using GHS then and she does use the back of her hand and her thumbnail as a palate…lol I use my thumbnail as a palate for veins and eyebrows as well… :smile:

4 Likes

Wow, you’ve painted with MG? Jealous!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, she and her mom are very lovely ladies…(her mother is Debra Bailey for Precious Moments Nursery) I bought one of Debs babies back in 2007 before I started reborning…I met Mel later…She had come up from New South Wales to her mother’s house and did a class back when her nursery was called Bundles of Love…I had been reborning about 2 years by then (April 2011) and when I heard she was up and going to do a class I went across and spent 2 days with her and her mom and several other ladies. She is really a lovely lovely lady - both of them are actually. :smile:

4 Likes