Flawed vinyl sick of

I’m sick of flawed vinyl. I love realborns, no issues ever (except Layla’s feet). Painted a few and no issues. I am sick of paying 100 bucks for pinholes. You don’t see the crap until painted and it’s always fingers and toes. Just sick of feeling like a baby could be perfect and then see dots. That’s all, the end. Lol

15 Likes

I feel your pain! My Skya A.A has the same, was just literally sick to my stomach when I saw it, did everything to try and make in unnoticeable to no avail. Now I am spending so many hours rooting her with yearling curly Mohair wondering if I will have to discount her when I am all done! Grrrr!

2 Likes

It pisses me off. I wish the kits were checked or fixed. I have painted several LLE(no flaws), But some of these other kits are disappointing.

3 Likes

A Johannah I was working on had them :roll_eyes: I don’t think I have ever had the pinholes in a Realborn besides her

3 Likes

Adalyn’s feet were a mess. Now I have Zuri once again with pin holes on her pinky and down the side of the hand. I don’t like rooting in the first place, but I wouldn’t root a doll with noticeable pin holes. I discount them

3 Likes

Working on Johannah, seeing tiny pin dots on the big toe after baking…gonna have to get creative. I’ve already added matte, hoping it helps. We’ll see.

4 Likes

My Luciano has pin holes on his feet and I noticed them at the end after I’d blushed them and it makes me want to cry :sob::sob::sob:

4 Likes

My Reese has a sunk in spot on his head. I’m hoping once I stuff him it wont be a problem. He is already rooted with premium mohair. But I should have returned him but I had already worked on him so much that I’m hoping.

1 Like

Also Logan’s feet look squeezed

1 Like

Tink has 4 fingers and her toes. So I’ll:

1 Like

I once stripped an entire leg thinking I hadn’t mixed the paint correctly and it was grainy. Re-panted it and there is was again. Pin holes all over the feet. Grrr!

3 Likes

I’m just so mad. Grrr

3 Likes

Pinholes are absolutely HORRIBLE! I now always varnish before blushing palms and sole & don’t paint feet and hands until all other layers are done. My Johannah had them on the top of foot :roll_eyes: I think that was a first seeing them on top but thankful varnish and powders covered them.

5 Likes

:raising_hand_woman:t2: I’ve got a defective Jaylan over here…cut on his nose and lip. I don’t even want to have to fix that. Also, my Gabriela toddler has a hand that looks like a rat chewed on all of the fingers. I fixed it. It was a discount kit at MacPherson. But there’s no excuse for rhe bad Jaylan kit. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I was so excited and rushed trying to make it in 3 days before my daughters party :joy:. I should have waited. Her hands are TERRIBLE!!! Oh well:(

My Ellie sues fingers looked chewed up and so does this tink. My German vinyl Rebecca’s entire arm looked chewed up. I guess I was spoiled because the last five or so I painted had no issues.

1 Like

yup, and yup.

Someone here could make a million bucks if they could invent a good filler.

1 Like

there’s vinyl putty on macpherson’s but i’m not sure how well it would work :confused:

1 Like