Fixing heavy rooting

Hello, everyone. I have a question that maybe somebody can help me with. I’m rooting a doll for the first time and I think she is too heavily rooted. I’ve done quite a bit so far and it just looks like she’s going to have way too much hair. Also, I might run out of mohair if I continue this way. Is there a way to thin it out by pulling out pieces here and there or will that look horrible? I’ll include WIP photos. Thanks for any suggestions.

3 Likes

That is great rooting. I would keep going and buy some more mohair to aviod running out.

Really? Ok, thanks. I guess and can try to go a little lighter on the sides too. :slight_smile:

I trim as I go carefully and use the newly cut ends so that I get double the hair :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am doing root a loop. I can’t seem to catch the ends when I try it the other way.

1 Like

I am new to rooting and I use the loop method also. It seems that it’s the only way how I can control my rooting for now.

1 Like

Once you trim you could use that to root. The piece you root only has to be about 3 inches unless your rooting a toddler doll. I’m heavy to I understand.

1 Like