First time inserting eyes & doing eyebrows..What do you think?

Thanks mimi! I can’t wait to finish her so I can hold and hug her!! I know she’s not perfect but I have to admit that she did come out…so far anyway…better then I thought she would. I had visions of her looking like a clown or a scary monster. I always knew that no matter what this baby girl was a keeper. As for the leg…it appears some of us ladies have a leg fetish!!! My next thing is to make a hairy leg…a twin to the other leg here!!! :mask:

2 Likes

honojane…Thank you for all of your help! I have the link to the eyebrow diagram. I printed it out did a few test runs on the spare baby leg I have. Then I tried the dark umber prisma pencil and found I could get thinner lines with that. I just couldn’t get the lines as thin as I wanted with the brush…even though it was a really tiny brush.

After the baby is done what can I use to seal her so she doesn’t have that rough texture to her. It really bugs me when the they have that gritty feel to them.

1 Like

Hi Lynn! Do you really think other then the length of the eyebrows that the width is alright? I’m on my way to my “studio” to fix Lainey’s brows.

I think maybe you should shorten them and then see how they look. If because they are shorter they look a little “fat” then you can thin them down, But a common mistake people make is to make eyebrows Too Thin, and they look like a line. Our brows don’t look like that, Work with it------you’ll get it how you like it, then bake and seal. Good Luck and let us see what you come up with. It’s gonna be a great first baby!!!

She looks really good for your first baby…way to go hun!!!
You should’ve seen MY first…UGH…looked like a NICU baby…
I sorta overdid my bluetones!!! :+)

I seal my babies with satin varnish. It is much less gritty than the matte. A lot of people blend the two because they find satin a bit too shiny. I like it so far. It just looks dewy to me, but I’m thinking of trying the mix to see if I like it better. I use mine straight from the jar. Some people thin it a bit. These are artistic decisions that you have to make. Try one product and see if it pleases you. If not, try another. Just don’t mix air dry products and heat set products.

She is precious, I can’t believe you have that hair rooted already, What the heck is wrong with ME? It takes me forever to root and my hair doesn’t even look as thick as your’s-----what gives???

I’m a slow rooter too Lynn. Isn’t it a good thing it’s not a race? :smiley:

1 Like

No kidding!!!

Oh Kim she’s so adorable!!! Love her coloring and her gorgeous hair!!

Looking good, @JackieJo!

1 Like

Ok Here’s Lainey with her fixed eyebrows and while I was at it I also did eyebrows on Rose. What do you all think? Critiquing is appreciated!! Lainey was the first one that I ever painted and Rose is the second one. I think I over did the blush and mottling on Lainey I’m a newbie and learning as I go along. I honestly couldn’t have even gotten this far without you ladies giving me advice and answering my unending questions!! Thank you for all of your support and patience!!

1 Like

I just noticed that in the picture with Lainey and Rose that Lainey’s left eyebrow looks really long. Its not…I don’t know why it appears that way in the picture. Maybe a shadow.

Jackie, I think you are doing a good job for a beginner and I’m glad we have been able to help you along the way, I would like to suggest you go easy on the blue and maybe blend it out a little more above the eyes. Other than that you are coming along nicely.

2 Likes

Thanks Lynn! I know I over did the blue over the brow bone on Lainey and somewhat on Rose too. It there a way that I can tone it down now that its already been baked?

Maybe you can look at your color wheel and the color directly across from the BLUE will neutralize it. Keep it really light and you may need more layers but let dry between layers. Someone else may have a better solution.

1 Like

LOL I would be breaking the record of the slowest I think; I am still nowhere near finished on my Kylin by LTR, which I started about last December or maybe early January :flushed:

2 Likes

You Win!!!

1 Like