First time inserting eyes & doing eyebrows..What do you think?

Okay ladies I really want your honest advice. This is my first time ever making a reborn. Today I inserted the eyes…piece of cake and I still have all my fingers after using the exacto knife. I practiced for an hour on a spare leg to see what technique worked best on doing her eyebrows. Some one her said she used the prisma pencil and I too found that to word for me. What do you think and any advice you have will be much appreciated. Please be honest with me…honest I won’t have a tantrum and cry if you think I need to start over. :grimacing:

Another question I have is do I bake her so that the Prisma pencil sets or what should I do to make the brows permanent? Thank you for all the help and patience you’ve had with me over the past couple of months!! Love you ladies!!! :heart_eyes: :kissing_heart: I have to downsize my pix because I keep getting a message that they are too large…Be right back!!

You need to put up a picture :slight_smile: if you did put one up i cant see it.

1 Like

I know…LOL! It won’t let me post a pic because it’s supposedly to big. I’m trying to resize it but not having much luck…Hopefully I can get at least one picture to load here…

1 Like

Oh well for some reason I still can’t upload the pix so I’ll have to try again tomorrow. :cry: If anyone can answer the question about how to set the prisma pencil brows I’d really appreciate it…

What is with all the poor leg abuse ? Lol just playin

2 Likes

1 Like

3 Likes

I finally got a couple of the pictures to post here. What do you think?

What kit is that? It’s cute. I love the mouth. I think your eyebrows are a little too wide. Real eyebrows don’t usually extend beyond the outer corner of the eye.

1 Like

Yes I agree, the baby’s left eyebrow goes out a bit too far. Her right one is good, did u set the pencil yet?

1 Like

But besides that, I think she looks Great! Doing a great job for your first one. And if you did already set the eyebrows and they are permanent, I wouldn’t worry too much about it, my first one had uneven brows as well but she was a keeper baby and my first so I lov her anyways and really nobody Ive shown her to has even noticed the uneven eyebrows on her!

1 Like

I think she’s very sweet for a first! You’ve done a nice job, Jackie! I do agree with the other ladies that the eyebrows are a bit off. You go girl!! :heart:

1 Like

Hi jeanhai… It’s M. May Lainey kit. Thank you for telling me about thinning down the eyebrows.I haven’t baked her yet so I should be able to reshape them. :thumbsup:

You did a good job. Your eyebrows are a tad too long, but not by much.

2 Likes

Thank you shendeni!! I purposely didn’t set the eyebrows yet. I wanted to see the comments here on what to do different before I made the leap to bake her. Yes this baby is my keeper baby. I could never part with her no matter how she comes out. I will always have a special place in my heart for her!!

1 Like

Thanks Becca!!!

Thanks otterbaby!! Thankfully I haven’t set the eyebrows yet so I should be able to thin them out without too much problem!!

JackieJo…you sound so proud of yourself and rightly so! She is turning out nicely and I can’t wait to see her finished. LOVE the eyebrowed leg in the background hehe

1 Like

Does anyone have a link to the eyebrow diagram that shows arrows up from the corners of the eyes, etc? It would be so helpful to JackieJo. I haven’t read everything above, so someone probably already told you this, but you have to seal the eyebrows with matte or satin varnish and bake them at least twice. I bake my varnishes at 265 for 9 minutes, cool completely, and bake again for 9 minutes. Several people on here bake varnish and sealer 3 times. Dab the varnish on the brows because if you work it in much, you will remove your pencil.

1 Like

Jackie, you don’t need to “thin” your brows out as in from top to bottom but they are a little too long from corner to corner. Eyebrows should only run from about the inside corner to the outside corner of the eye, otherwise they just don’t look to
"right" ya know?,

1 Like