First rooted eyebrows Libby

Since i cant see to get my paint fine enough and the pencils arent the right color I tried my first rooted eyebrows.
Used black mohair .all i have and my own blonde hair Found some strands of mohair are thinner and look a lot better than fat ones .
Blonde was really good for inner brow corners and outer it seems like …plusI was really suprised my hair rooted great with a 43 1 barb This could be dangerous.!.Enough babies ill be bald!!
Now if i can just tame the curling wild hairs it will be fine i think…
Should i bake the head to shrink the root holes to hold the hairs better?.I think most are rooted pretty shallow.
What about hair spray to control the bushy ones?.

7 Likes

Nice. I have been told using a little Gensis varnish over them and heat setting it will keep them in place.

Anj
Thanks
ill try that.

I can’t really see the brows well. I’m not a fan of rooted brows because they’re really difficult to make them look right on little babies. They’re not as forgiving as paint or prisma pencils, either. Once rooted, the holes are there. With the paint and pencils, the brows can be easily wiped off and redone.

2 Likes

Amy .
you are right im sure and i worried about the holes but thought id give it a try after i used 4 different bristles single ones from brushes i had around here and one brush i cut up.
I ordered some thickening medium so ill try with it next
.Pencil wasnt working really well but it so far is the only way ive gotten the hairs to look like hairs!!..
I made these really light so the stubby ends dont look so blaring .barely there my motto with my eyebrows.
Very light helps cover booboos for me.

When using Prisma pencil, it helps to have a varnish on the vinyl. I don’t do brows until the doll has been completely varnished (& baked 3 times to cure) and the hair rooted. That way I don’t have to guess how the brows will look with the hair.

1 Like

Thanks Amy.I had her paint baked of course but no varnish yet ill try that next one.
Was going to varnish over the eyebrows guessvi should do that twice? before and after…
Oh as usual forgot something.I need to bake her lips For this hair…can i put a wet rag over her brows and eyelashes while baking.? Will that work?

2 Likes

Yes, it’ll work. :slight_smile:

ok dummy me. i didnt .varnish her yet and i added Modge Podge to her brows and lashes on the inside.
Can you bake with modge podge in there? Why do i do these things?
Maybe if i add some batting in case it melts down?

1 Like

You’ll be fine! Go ahead and bake, as usual. If anything, you may need to re-apply the Mod Podge. It depends on whether or not it separates from the vinyl.

1 Like

Thanks Amy

1 Like

How did it turn out?

1 Like

I actually like it sort of.They arent the best and i cut them too short .might add a few longer hairs still…
They are very light though so covers mistakes sort of.
.I think one trick might be to not cut them too short.( wjichbi did) learned that on the second .
i rooted an AA Willow Flower but again really light barely there.I have a little pencil under both too.Ill have to redo Willow FlowersShould have done lashes AFTER HAIR.A lot pulled out.
Learning curve for rooted lashes

1 Like

Make yourself a 'finishing check list" it really helps. That way you can go down your list and make sure you have done everything. List things according to the order in which they need to be done. Works great!!!

2 Likes

@AmyR777 has. A great one. It’s printable! If you ask her really really nicely… She might post it for you… :wink:

2 Likes

Here you go:

http://discourse.bountifulbaby.com/t/introducing-baby-she-still-needs-a-name/24029/37

1 Like